Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quad Decks

pokedan24

The Quad Sigilyph thread made me think about quad decks that run only four of a certain pokemon and the rest being trainers and energy. Aside from some obvious ones (like Quadza and that Heatmor deck), there are a few I think could be good.

-Quad Sableye (Dark): I'm making one on PTCGO right now. 4 sableye, 6 dark energy, and 50 items ranging from lasers, to catchers, to hammers, to search cards, to anything I can fit in to disrupt an opponent, giving me many ways to win. I don't know how good it could be, but considering the success of sableye, I don't think it can be that bad.

-Quad Snorlax (PS): A perma retreat lock. You don't even have to attack with this thing, you can kill them slowly with virbank/lasers or deck them out. I've faced against decks like this and they have given me trouble.

Quad Kyurem (NV): Similar to the heatmor deck only it uses Kyurem instead. I think you could do fine with 4/4/52 Kyurem/Ether/ :water: Energy, but you could always add things like computer search, skyla, and EXP share. Just keep glaciating until you take out all their pokemon and outrage against immediate threats. Might not be as good now that the plasma deck has no problem 1 shotting this, but who knows?

Quad Cobalion EX (PS): Same idea as the Kyurem built, only it uses Cobalion EX. Cobalion has a solid first turn attack for early game pressure and a second attack that gets through Sigilyph and Plasma Klang decks. Not much stands in this guys way.

A key to a Quad decks success is the correct metagame. If the metagame works for a certain Quad deck, then go for it. If not, you will lose, simple as that.

I think of the ones you mentioned Quad Snorlax and Quad Cobalion EX are the best for your situation.

I want to make one bad. Really don't know how it can do so well. How damage output can't beat how much it takes.

The quad Kyurem deck is something that I was using from the get go. I even used it at Battle Roads. I didn't do well at all lol. It's definitely a super fun and fast deck but my issue is when I've got 1-2 prizes left and get N'ed. I just cannot recover after that. :frown:

Edit: didn't realize you were referring to the Noble Victories one. I've been using the PF one. :tongue:

Back