Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question about doing "Up to" effects

Skitty

I read a ruling here a while back that if a card (like TGW) says "Up to" and you don't specify how many you chose, that you must do the maximum. Like if you win TGW and you start drawing you must draw all 6 and can't stop at 5 because you already started drawing.

My question is about Gallade's Psychic Cut. If they have 6 face down prizes and use Psychic Cut and flip over 3 prizes without specifying how many they would flip, should they be forsed to flip all 6 since they must do the maximum if they don't spesify?

That would come down to a Judge's call. The requirement is to specify prior to flipping over the cards and doing damage. If you break the rules, the Judge has to figure out your penalty.

Personally I have started announcing how the card, or cards like it, work during the announcements at the start of the tournament, telling players when they must choose the number they will flip. Since I do that for all to hear, I would probably issue a Game Play Error penalty. As to making them flip all 6, that might depend a bit more on the circumstances. Did I mention that I hate Rules Lawyers.

BDS

Back