Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Question about the IV Rater in Battle Frontier

Dark_Gengar

Does anyone know all of the possible ratings that you can get from the old man in the building behind the Poke Center in the Battle Frontier? So far I have gotten "average" "better-than-average" "quite impressive" and "wonderfully outstanding" in the overall rating with the Pokemon I have shown him.
I would also like to know which is better: "quite impressive" or "wonderfully outstanding"?
Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Dark_Gengar said:
Does anyone know all of the possible ratings that you can get from the old man in the building behind the Poke Center in the Battle Frontier? So far I have gotten "average" "better-than-average" "quite impressive" and "wonderfully outstanding" in the overall rating with the Pokemon I have shown him.
I would also like to know which is better: "quite impressive" or "wonderfully outstanding"?
Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Well, to answer your last question, "wonderfully outstanding" seems that it is definitely the better of the two.

I think "wonderfully outstanding" is if they have an average of 25-31 and "quite impressive" is 16-24... Judging from the pokemon I showed and then checked their actual IV's..

I'm really just guessing though (And I never calculated their averages..so..eh)

quite imressive is from 20-25 I think, and wonderfully outstanding is from 26-31. better than average is from 15-20 and average is 0-14. I'm not completely sure. all I know is that my newly raised JAA team is all wonderfully outstanding. even those ubers.

Copy/Pasted from an FAQ I wrote, original info from Pokefor, I believe:

He will rate the first Pokemon in your party, first by TOTAL IV count:

“This one, overall, I would describe as being of average ability.” 0 – 90 total IVs
“This one, overall, I would describe as having better-than-average ability.” 91 – 120 total IVs
“This one, overall, I would say is quite impressive in ability!” 121 – 150 total IVs
“This one, overall, I would say is wonderfully outstanding in ability!” 151 – 186 total IVs

And then he will rate your Pokemon’s highest INVIDIUAL IV count (note that if your Pokemon has more than 1 perfect stat, he will choose one at random to mention):

“Incidentally, the best aspect of it, I would say, is its (insert stat here)..."

“That stat is relatively good. ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 0 - 15
“That stat is quite impressive. ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 16 - 25
“That stat is outstanding! ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 26 - 30
“It's flawless! A thing of perfection! ...Hmm... That's how I call it.” 31

also note if you have more than 1 stat with same IV talking to him multiple times will let you know since he says 1 at a time, though he usually says 2 different ones repeatedly so I would try 10+ times if you think you might have 3... or candy it to 100 and IV check it with Stat calc....

pat460 said:
how do you plan to candy it to 100 without cheats(most people dont like cheats)

An easy way to get enough rare candies is to have several Pokemon with the "pick up" ability (Zigzagoon, Linoone) in your party. You'll have more rare candy than you can imagine in a relatively short time.

most of mine came from RuSa where I played many hours and Rare Candy was more common of a Pick Up item. There are also a few available in the game (some hidden, some in plain sight). I simply saved the first 95, then use the rest on the remaining levels of lvl 100 Pokes so I dont have to finish EXp lvling them up....

but remember I played 1600+ hours on Saph, and reset Ruby 5+ times spending another 500+ hours there and usually soley with a starter and 5 Pokes with Pick Up. I also store 4 Pokes with Pick Up while I EV train so yeah I got 200+ candies this way.... no big

Back