Question regarding Skyridge Gengar's Manipulation

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by BPM, Aug 9, 2003.

1. BPM

BPM New Member

If I were to use Manipulation to bring back a Neo: Discovery Eevee, would I be able to use Energy Evolution for each Energy attached? I.E. If through Manipulation I was able to put all three Energy on Eevee, could I use Energy Evolution up to three times (If the first and second times failed, anyways)?

When I asked about this at tournament, they said no. They said that Energy Evolution only works when Energy from your hand is attached to Eevee LV.14.

However, Eevee LV.14's Power lacks such a ruling. It states only:
    Whenever you attach an Energy to Eevee, flip a coin.

I'm just curious. I won't hold a big debate over this.

2. Extreme Espeon

Extreme Espeon New Member

Don't quote me on this but from what I remember the power only works on the single energy attachment for the turn! Can anyone find and official ruling? better yet I'll go look in the compendium real quick!

3. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Here's the closest similar ruling in the compendium:

So, no, you would not evolve.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2003
  4. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

It has been ruled it's power only works for the "One free energy card placement per turn" and other means of getting an energy card on it do not active its Power.

5. BPM

BPM New Member

Alright, thanks.

But on a somewhat related matter...

If you were to use something that allowed more than one Energy per turn (such as Blastoise's Rain Dance), would that trigger Energy Evolution or not?

6. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Blastoise's Raindance - no. But Venusaur's Harvest Bounty - yes as Harvest Bounty uses your "One free energy card per turn."