Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Questions about Pokemon Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnoodle5

I was just wondering how Pokemon works on the retail side, and if there's any public information about it.

What I am asking, more specifically, is about the method in which cards go from Pokemon to Walmart, Target, Toys-R-Us, and smaller local card stores.

Many local card store locations that I have seen purchase booster boxes and then sell from those. But do they order the boxes directly from Pokemon, or from websites like Troll n' Toad (and then how does Troll n' Toad get them from Pokemon?)

How do the "big box stores" get their cards? Is that direct as well?

Just wondering, let me know if you can help :3

I don't know how much I can help, but I've been told that the displays Target and Walmart stores are managed by an outside vendor which rents out the space. The inventory and displays are shipped to the stores and an agent of the vendor comes once a week to unpackage, stock, rotate inventory etc.

Distributors. Pokemon.com has a nice list on their support site (must be logged in), but I've expanded upon their list:

United States

ACD Distribution 1.800.767.4263 Warehouses in CA, WI, PA

Alliance Distribution 1.800.444.3552 Warehouses in CA, TX, IN, MD

Diamond Distribution 800.452.6642 Warehouses in CA, TN, PA

Great American 914.968.7900 Warehouse in NY

GTS Distribution 888.333.9500 Warehouses in WA, CA, AZ, HI, GA, MI

Peach State Hobby Distribution 407.571.1250 Warehouse in NJ, FL

Sports Images 781.938.4340 Warehouses in OH, MA

Magazine Exchange 541.479.7389 Warehouse in OR

Southern Hobby 800.473.2804 Warehouses in TN, MO, IL, NY

Mad Al Distribution 907.274.4115 Warehouse in AK

Canada

Grosnor Distribution 416.744.3344, Ontario

Universal Distribution 541.335.9000, Quebec and British Columbia

Dynamic Distribution 403.291.9331, Alberta

Australia
Banter Toys & Collectibles

Denmark
Bergsala Enigma

France
Asmodée

Germany
AMIGO

Italy
Gedis Edizioni

The Netherlands
Bergsala Enigma

Singapore
Maxsoft

South Africa
Core Gaming Systems

Sweden
Bergsala

I would think many comic book type stores just order the cards through the same distributor as their comics.

I would think many comic book type stores just order the cards through the same distributor as their comics.

I work in a comic book store, its so much easier to go through a gaming distributor. They get it to us much faster then a comic distributor would.
Yes we get booster boxes because we cant order the individually sleeved boosters ya see at big box stores.
We order from one of the distributors listed above.
I hope this helps you a little

Thank you all for the helpful information, my friend has a store but probably will not stock the cards. We were just curious.

I hope this info will also help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back