Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Questions about Reverse Holos in Tournaments

ScraftyG

Dunno if this is the right place, but it's Pokemon game-play, right?
I have some holo energies and Full Art cards in my deck. One of my friends went to a big tournament and they made him take out all his reverse holo supporters and replaced them with Grass energies. Should I take out all my reverse holos/Full Arts/holo energies for Nationals?

From the small amount of information you've given it is pretty hard to tell what prompted the removal of your friend's cards. I am guessing that it may have been a case of the cards bending to the point that they created a marked card situation. That is sometimes a problem with foil cards. Another problem we are seeing these days, which I doubt was what happened in your friends case, are counterfeit cards. If the cards are fake they would not be allowed.

In either of those situations the player is usually given the option to replace the cards with the same cards that aren't bent or fake. However, if the marked card situation was determined to be deliberate, or gave the player a significant advantage there may be some penalties associated.

As long as your foil cards are perfectly flat, legal cards you should be fine.

BDS

Back