Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Questions from an old to new again player

natuxatu

Hi I played Pokemon a long time ago when it first came out... and I am just now starting to play it again after a friend got interested in it. So I have a few questions that have come up...

1) One was with special dark energy. It says that if it is attached to a dark pokemon then it's attacks do +10 energy... if I have two of those special energies will it does +20... I assume it would but I wasn't sure as that could be pretty powerfull.

2) Another was with a specific card. (I also notice Spirit Bomb on pokegym has the same wording for his Poke-Power.. in case what I said here was confusing)

It was Moltres that had a confusing power. It said once per turn when you put Moltres from your hand on to your bench you may search your deck for fire energy (or something along those lines.) The confusing part was That it said "Once per turn, when you put Moltres from your hand onto your bench.." We didn't know if that meant he could only use it on the turn when he put moltres on his bench or if he could use ever turn IF he put moltres from his hand to his bench." ... I'll try and check with the Pokegym but was having trouble finding answers to those questions.

3) I'll also have to see if I can find the rules on this but thought it would be easy for someone to just compare: What is the difference between a Pokemon Power and a Poke-Body and some other text? Doesn't it really matter or is what's important the text that comes after it?

4) I just got out all my old cards and noticed that the weakness for my older cards does not have a number next to it. Is it automatically 30 or some other number that I am unware of? I don't have my old rule book.
Thanks as always

1) the dark energy stacks, so 2 would do +20

2) It says that for who knows why, but it is a 1 time use power, only used when played from the hand.

3) Well all the newer cards are Poke-Power or Poke-Body. Pokemon powers are like poke-powers in most cases. The Compendium is the best way to look at things.

4) If a weakness does not have a modifier, it is treated as X2

Any other questions, please feel free to ask!!!

~Duke

Back