Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick EV question

JewelQuest

I just recently figured out what EV's are. I want to EV train my level 75 Nidoking in HeartGold, but I have no idea how to tell how many EVs it already has. How do you tell what EVs your Pokemon has?

Thank you.

Unfortunately the games don't have an easy way to determine how many EVs a Pokemon has without looking at the programming. The best approach would be to use the EV reducing berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato) to reset it to 0, Though a quick note if it takes 11 berries then the first berry will reduce it to 100 and each consecutive berry will reduce it by another 10.

^Unfortunately that calculator isn't as useful without knowing IVs or EVs, but it's still very useful.

...Dad's programming geek, so I am blocked from certain sites...Haven't gotten to talking to him yet about serebii. Thanks anyway!

Unfortunately the games don't have an easy way to determine how many EVs a Pokemon has without looking at the programming. The best approach would be to use the EV reducing berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato) to reset it to 0, Though a quick note if it takes 11 berries then the first berry will reduce it to 100 and each consecutive berry will reduce it by another 10.

^Unfortunately that calculator isn't as useful without knowing IVs or EVs, but it's still very useful.

Ok, then.....How do you get the Hondew, Grepa, and Tomato berries in HeartGold? Because I've got the other three....lol.

I better work on my berry planting, I'm going to need a lot of berries......I am planning on re-EV training my whole team....

Thank you!

That one's easy:

Hondew: Given to you by the Juggler in Fuschia City for a Green Shard.

Grepa: Same, but for a Yellow Shard.

Tamato: Chance of Winning via Scratch Off cards at the Battle Frontier.

Honestly, to do this easiest, grab a copy of Pokemon D/P/Pt. You can get multiple shards in the Underground, attach them to a pokemon, and trade them to HGSS.

For the Tamato Berry, you're better off paying close attention to Berry patches and growing them:

Growing on Route 212 (requires HM03 (Surf)) and on Route 225 (requires HM01 (Cut)) when the player first arrives there. (D/P/Pt.)

All of this is gotten from Bulbapedia.

That one's easy:

Hondew: Given to you by the Juggler in Fuschia City for a Green Shard.

Grepa: Same, but for a Yellow Shard.

Tamato: Chance of Winning via Scratch Off cards at the Battle Frontier.

Honestly, to do this easiest, grab a copy of Pokemon D/P/Pt. You can get multiple shards in the Underground, attach them to a pokemon, and trade them to HGSS.

For the Tamato Berry, you're better off paying close attention to Berry patches and growing them:

Growing on Route 212 (requires HM03 (Surf)) and on Route 225 (requires HM01 (Cut)) when the player first arrives there. (D/P/Pt.)

All of this is gotten from Bulbapedia.

Thanks! :D

I think I am going to give up on training my main team for now, and when I start on a second team I will EV train them. I might end up going back and EV training my main anyway, though.

Thanks everyone! :D

Back