Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick question about card effects

Not So Tuesday

I had a quick question about two cards.

Umbreon (CoL) first attacks effect states "During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects, including damage, done to Umbreon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon that has any Poké-Powers or Poké-Bodies."

Blaziken FB Lv. X has a pokebody and an attack that states "Switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. The new Defending Pokémon is now Burned."

Would Blaziken's attack still work if Umbreon used the aforementioned attack in the previous turn?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sure on this, but I believe it would. The primary effect is on the benched Pokémon you're switching Umbreon out with; not Umbreon.

Compendium said:
Q. Some attacks, like Exploud's "Knock Back" and Staraptor [FB]'s "Whirlwind", say "Your opponent switches the Defending Pokemon...", while other attacks like Swampert's "Drag Off" and Blaziken [FB]'s "Luring Flame" say, "Switch the Defending Pokemon...". Who gets to choose which Pokemon gets switched?
A. If it says, "Your opponent switches..." then your opponent gets to choose. Otherwise you get to choose. (Supreme Victors FAQ; Aug 20, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

Compendium said:
Q. If my opponent has a Toxicroak [G] with the "Anticipation" Poke-BODY or a Pokemon with Unown-G attached as a tool with its "GUARD" Poke-Power active, can I use my Trapinch's "Inviting Trap" attack or Blaziken [FB]'s "Luring Flame" attack and choose to switch the Defending Pokemon with one of their benched Pokemon?
A. Yes, it can. The intended wording of Trapinch's Inviting Trap and Blaziken [FB]'s Luring Flame place an effect on the Benched Pokemon, so even if the Defending Pokemon has a condition that prevent effects of attacks the switch can still occur. (Aug 5, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

A little research goes a long way ^_^

It would work because you didn't target Umbreon.
The effect has been aimed at something other than Umbreon, so you get to switch it to active position.

Back