Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick question about energy

I have a question about DCE and tournament rules.
Can a player include a energy card in their deck even though it's in a different language and still compete?
For instance Double Colorless energy NV in japanese?

just to expand on Alazor's statement. He is correct, they use to have a 10% rule, where 10% or 6 of the cards in your deck could be a different language than....the official language of the nation you play in? someone correct me if i'm wrong there, but they've since done away with that. You must play all, in our case, english cards. English cards being defined as, in written english with the pokeball logo and pokemon that is written on the back of said cards. I say this because I was told even though japanese basic energy don't have anything written on the front, you can't play it because the backing differs from that of english printed cards. ( i was trying to play the movie promo energy from about two years ago, super legit!!) Someone please correct me if i'm wrong in any or all of this.

just to expand on Alazor's statement. He is correct, they use to have a 10% rule, where 10% or 6 of the cards in your deck could be a different language than....the official language of the nation you play in? someone correct me if i'm wrong there, but they've since done away with that. You must play all, in our case, english cards. English cards being defined as, in written english with the pokeball logo and pokemon that is written on the back of said cards. I say this because I was told even though japanese basic energy don't have anything written on the front, you can't play it because the backing differs from that of english printed cards. ( i was trying to play the movie promo energy from about two years ago, super legit!!) Someone please correct me if i'm wrong in any or all of this.

First bolded part. You can also use cards of your region's local language. Like you can use French cards in Canada and German cards in Germany.

Second bolded part. Not just Japanese ones, you can't use any other language basic energy cards other than the ones in your region. For example you can't use Italian basic energy cards in a sanctioned event in the US. (This was asked on the Professor forums after the foreign language rules changed)

I'm pretty sure you can't for reasons Alazor explained.
You definitely can't use Japanese cards in non Japanese events due to the different art on the back of the cards.

I think you can get away with it. I use a spanish DCE. I think it's spanish...

Terrible advice telling someone they can 'get away with it'. What happens when they don't?

Unless you are playing in Europe, Mexico, or South America, a Spanish DCE is an illegal card. Knowingly playing a card that is not legal is a very stupid thing to do.

Back