Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

quick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i was just wondering when im playing my opponent. am i able to have him or her flip a coin instead of rolling a die? i just dont like how some people roll and i think a simple flip of a coin should do the trick.

not any more! with the introduction of the die rule coins and dice are legal randomizers! other threads on this board go into more discusion on this topic. i'd be more afraid of coin flippers now a days where there is a skill to flipping a coin and getting more heads because of the skill.

If they are not rolling according to the rules, you can insist that they do or call a judge.
They do get to roll, but they don't get to roll incorrectly.

So, on the topic. Can you have your opponent roll a die instead of flipping a coin? Because there are some people that are notorious flippers...

Again, if they are not flipping or rolling correctly, according to the floor rules, you can have a judge address the situation.
The problem is not that they are flipping or rolling.
It is that they are not doing it fairly, right?

Correct. When someone keeps flipping heads with a starter deck coin, I will then ask them to roll a die. When I say "keeps" I mean for an entire tournament. The only reason I say this is because we used to have a gentleman at our Tier 1 events that would flip a coin, and when someone asked him to roll a die or something along those lines, he would reiterate that the cards say "Flip a coin."

Correct. When someone keeps flipping heads with a starter deck coin, I will then ask them to roll a die. When I say "keeps" I mean for an entire tournament. The only reason I say this is because we used to have a gentleman at our Tier 1 events that would flip a coin, and when someone asked him to roll a die or something along those lines, he would reiterate that the cards say "Flip a coin."

I almost always flip a coin. Not because it's more lucky, but because I prefer it. A lot of this game is mental, if I "feel" better flipping a coin than so be it.

Understandable, but if someone asked you to occasionally roll a die, but not for anything that would be win or lose, like an SSU for game or something along those lines, would you disagree?

Understandable, but if someone asked you to occasionally roll a die, but not for anything that would be win or lose, like an SSU for game or something along those lines, would you disagree?

It depends, the first tournament if the year I forgot my damage counters, so I bought dice and used them all day. So I'm clearly not opposed to it lol

And that's exactly what everyone should do. If it's all the same, if your opponent's asks you once or twice to roll a die or roll a different die or flip a coin, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back