Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Quick Questions About EV Training

JokerBoi

Okay I have a good understanding of it but there is one thing I am not quite grasping. You are allowed 510 EV points. Now hypothetically speaking we have a milotic, we give our milotic 10 zinc and 10 hp up giving it 100 EV in each corresponding stat. I understand that aspect. Now if we are aiming for milotic to have 252 EV in special defense and due to zinc it already has 100 special defense EV we must battle pokemon to give us 152 more EV in special defense. Here is where I am confused, I believe that I am battling way too many pokemon maxing out all my EV in one stat. So if Milotic battles tentacruel with gives 2 EV in special defense with macho brace attached which multiplies all EV gained by two making it 4 EV in special defense for every tentacruel would I then have to battle 38 Tentacruel (4 EV x 38 Tentacruel=152 EV points) with macho brace attached in order to gain the 152 more EV that I need, correct? If I am right it should work the same for each stat.

Next question, If the game doesn't allow me to give a pokemon a HP UP, and that pokemon has absolutely no EVs in HP at ALL. Does that mean that I have already filled all 510 EV points?

Last edited:
Power Band (i assume it's the one that boosts sp def) gives +4 extra Sp Def EV. So if you kill a Tentacle Monster (2 EV) you get 6 EV in Sp Def

The power items don't give +4 EVs exactly. What they do is if you earn any EVs for the stat they are for it will give you +3 EVs on top of that. So a pokemon that gives 1 EV will give 4, a Pokemon that gives 2 EVs will give 5, and so on. This happens before PKRS takes effect so PKRS will doulbe the new number.

The Power Items do give +4 though Fish, I'm 100% sure of it. Battling a Starly with the Speed Power Item attached gives you +5, or with PokeRus +10.

Back