Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Raichu GS/magnezone SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Pokegym members,

Me and my brother always play rogue decks. I'd like to have some advices and ideas to improve my list.

Pokemon (22)

3-3-1 raichu +(1 lv.X) GS
2-1 luxray lv.X RR
2-0-2 Magnezone SF
1-1 lanturn Prime UL
3 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
2 Crobat G PL

Trainers/Supporters (28)

4 Cyrus
3 Bebe
2 Collector
2 Cynthia's feelings
1 Palmer's contriution
3 Rare candy
2 Expert belt
2 Pokemon communication
2 BTS
2 Sunyshore city gym
4 Poke turn
1 luxury ball

Energies (10)

10 lightning

Raichu is the main attacker, because of it's attack "thunderbolt", that deals 100 damage for 2 lightning.
but since it hasn't a lot of HP (only 90) I added a couple of cynthias to refresh the hand when things are getting difficult. To Swarm Raichus I put 2 BTS, and to remove the fighting weakness. It has uses for Luxray and Lanturn prime too.
Uxie and Azelf are staples. Crobat G add damage counters when tank-pokemon like (belted gyarados, Donphan) are difficult to OHKO.
Magnezone is a metagross DX -like can attach an :lightning: or:metal: energy to the active pokemon.It can charge up a raichu in one turn, however it puts 1 damage counter on the active.

-Raichu lv.X may be strange here , but has its uses : It can snipe off threats on the bench, and finish off the active after a voltage Shoot. My brother uses him in late game only, when the situation is a 1 prizes for me-2 prizes for the opponent.
-Lanturn prime is my Donphan counter. It's ability to shift his type to water-type , an attack that does 70 damage minimum is good. In that situation, Crobat G and expert belt are good friends !

Cyrus fetches energies ,Poké-turns and others supporters. Rare Candy are for Magnezone, and sometimes for Raichu when BTS isn't here when needed.

Tests results :

Luxchomp : mainly even. If the opening hand allow to put magnezone quickly, the attack flow of raichu should high enough to win.

Donphan: unfavorable, but Lanturn and Sunyshore Gym make the matchup still winnable, yet difficult.
during the 5 first turns , a bait is needed to protect lanturn while it's charging. Raichu often loses 2 to 3 prizes before a come back.

It's not much, But I need further tests to write more precisely. I will test Jumpluff and Gyarados later, and I will update the topic.
If someone has an idea to put a DCE an 2 energy exchanger, it would be great (for lanturn prime)

Any help is welcome ! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back