Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Raichu LVX and Tyranitar. Errata or New Bodies?

andceo

I just checked Raichu LVX and Tyranitar SF and i found that their Bodies are really strange.
They are the first in their role that CAN BE ACTIVATED OR NOT based on the player decision.

Since Expedition, all the Pokè-Body are ALWAYS WORKING and are not affected by a player decision.

So, as it's very difficult to believe that the Japanese misprinted the two cards, the possibilities are:

1) The Pokè-Bodies ARE ALWAYS WORKING and so Raichu HAS to attack 2 times and Tyranitar HAS to get the energy. Mistranslation.

2) Since DP:Stormfront the Pokè-Body has changed its role in the game.

What do you think about it?
The spoilers i have (Pokè-Beach) are little different from the text i read.
About the Tyranitar, they say you HAVE TO do that after the opponent use a Power.
About the Raichu, it's written "this pokèmon can attack 2 times" instead of "you may use another attack", but well, they are saying the same thing.

So what do you think about it?

There was never a rule that said Poke Bodies were required to activate, it was simply written that way to make it obvious that they were, similar to Dusknior Lv X becoming a Stadium and only affecting one player when all previous stadiums affected both players. The bodies are simply optional.

first of its é not è :/
the reason you can choose to do them or not is because you are doing something, most bodies are like an effect, like + hp.

Uxie MT has a Poképower that works like a pokebody.
this came up in a match, but she didn't call the power, it doesn't matter it doesn't say you have to call it.

IF it says you have to call it do so, or you can't do it.

the translation on pokébeach isn't always the way the card is worded in the US
take Blastoise ex for example.

pokébeach isn't always 100% correct either, but they come close to perfect.

since ttars body is optional,, im wondering how quick your reaction time has to be to attach a dark energy to it. i mean if your opponent uses a power then starts doing other stuff, is it too late to attach the energy?

since ttars body is optional,, im wondering how quick your reaction time has to be to attach a dark energy to it. i mean if your opponent uses a power then starts doing other stuff, is it too late to attach the energy?

Reaction time has to be reasonable.
Your opponent can't rush through their actions and not give you time to react, but if you wait or aren't paying attention and actions pass and time passes, you will have missed the opportunity.

I think Raichu's Poké-Body is technically correct: it's like Mew ex's Almighty, but triggered by an event (Level Up + Voltage Shoot on the same turn). But then again, the english text is slightly ambiguous (it should say "Raichu can use another one of its attacks afterward" instead of "You may use another attack of Raichu afterward").

On Tyranitar (and Flygon ex PK): there's no official response to this topic, I had asked months ago about the Flygon thing in the POP forums, but nobody answered me. I am absolutely sure, though, that the japanese text is the same as the english one (at least...)

I still think this is a BIG error. Poke-Bodies are not optional, because if they would, they should be activated, and this is a Poke-Power prerogative. I'm sure we all agree on this.

first of its é not è :/

Uxie MT has a Poképower that works like a pokebody.
this came up in a match, but she didn't call the power, it doesn't matter it doesn't say you have to call it.

This is not correct, Uxie MT has a power which only works during your opponent's turn, the same for Alakazam.
I fail to see the connection with a Poke-body which is normally "always in progress".

About Raichu LV X, perhaps it's because I am translating it wrong.
But does "use another attack" mean: you cannot choose voltage shoot twice, but you have to choose "another" attack?

Back