Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Raikou-EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick Nate

Raikou-EX from Dark Rush has been revealed!

I think this card is awesome. A 1 retreat for an EX has only been seen on Shaymin, so it's nice. And the ability to Dynamotor energies back onto Raikou-EX completely clears up the second attack that snipes for 100 damage to any of your opponent's Pokémon. This card is really cool

Last edited:
Lightning decks just saw their hard counter to Ross+Ex varients. Say bye bye, reuniclus.

Zekrom just got more deadly, cool. Now you can slap them silly with Zekrom Bolt Strike or pick off whatever you want just about with Raikou EX Voltage Arrow...

I'm operating under the assumption that shaymin/pachi won't be in the format by the time this is legal. If they are, well, bleh.

Otherwise, I see this as making Zekrom/Eel/Raikou solid. Since vileplume will be out as well, we won't have to worry much about it locking trainers. This will be "big lightning"'s answer to gothitelle/reuniclus, though.

thunder fang 30
flip a coin, if heads, the defending pokemon is paralyzed

voltage arrow
discard all [L] energies from this pokemon, does 100 damage to one of your opponents pokemon (doesn't apply weakness or resistance to benched pokemon)

sooo gooood.

(courtsey of Sean T)

Dark Rush/Dragon Selection should be our April 2012 set, so yes this will be legal with Shaymin and such for at least a little while... and that's if there is a rotation next year at all. Considering we had a double rotation this year I don't know if HGSS - TM will rotate this season or not since technically it shouldn't rotate till 2013, as this season should have been Rising Rivals on.

Still this will be a money card of the set. Defender just became a staple in Ross and Gothitelle decks, if they survie into the new EX filled meta at all.

Dark Rush/Dragon Selection should be our April 2012 set, so yes this will be legal with Shaymin and such for at least a little while... and that's if there is a rotation next year at all. Considering we had a double rotation this year I don't know if HGSS - TM will rotate this season or not since technically it shouldn't rotate till 2013, as this season should have been Rising Rivals on.

Still this will be a money card of the set. Defender just became a staple in Ross and Gothitelle decks, if they survie into the new EX filled meta at all.

Defender will never be a staple in Ross, and if I have to tell you why, well...

Do I really need to explain the difference? THis with Zekrom and Eel, omg =_=

Don't forget Sky Arrow Bridge! Gives this free retreat. You can just dance between two of these guys and snipe 100 every turn. And since you discard energy, Mewtwo won't hit for much.

The double rotation was because we SKIPPED a rotation previously. We've already broke even.

Another skipped rotation would probably not be such a great idea, considering how much it messed things up the first time...

I doubt we don't get a rotation. Highly doubt it. But, that's off topic...

As for Raikou, it ends Reuniclus decks for sure :)frown:) and makes Lightning possible broken... Snipe anywhere for 100, then instant recharge with Eelektrik to do it again? And again? With 170 HP?
I'm not liking the sound of this already...

I doubt we don't get a rotation. Highly doubt it. But, that's off topic...

As for Raikou, it ends Reuniclus decks for sure :)frown:) and makes Lightning possible broken... Snipe anywhere for 100, then instant recharge with Eelektrik to do it again? And again? With 170 HP?
I'm not liking the sound of this already...

It should be fine. The only thing I don't like is that it's on a basic, but it's essentially like the Blaziken ex of old days, which had the same attack, and we also had a Blaziken that pulled fire from the discard in the same fashion as Eelektrik. I think it'll be fine, Mewtwo EX is still going to be a REALLY huge threat, and Reuniclus was pretty much losing it's luster because of Mewtwo EX, at least imo.

Wow electric decks are going to rule the format next season, unless the new dragon type proves to be more dominant
Posted with Mobile style...

Groudon-EX with some sort of supporting energy acceleration might be able to stand up against it, but yes, very scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back