Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Rain Dance EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMysterious

Hey everyone, PMysterious here. ever since the release of Next Destinies, there was one deck which stood out among all. No, not my crazy Lugia LEGEND deck that I got 8th place with at States out of 17 people along with donking once. Instead, Rain Dance has made a comeback. Here's my list for the new build of this awesome new deck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon- 21
2x Feraligatr Prime
2x Croconaw - 1 HGSS and 1 COL
3x Totodile - COL
3x Blastoise- UL
2x Wartortle- UL
3x Squirtle- UL
2x Kyurem EX - ND
2x Mewtwo EX- ND
2x Delibird- HGSS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T/Su/St- 24
3x Rare Candy
3x Pokemon Communication
2x Heavy Ball
3x Junk Arm
2x Super Rod
2x Pokemon Catcher
3x Switch
2x Pokemon Collector
2x Cilan
1x N
1 Professor Oak's New Theory
Energy- 15
3x Double Colorless
12x Water
The stratergy of this deck is to get Feraligatr Prime out as fast as you can to set up a good amount of attackers. Level Ball and Max Potion work well in this deck along with these cards from what I know. If there is anything I missed or may want to try, just post below. No need to be shy. I really hope you like this post and thanks for reading. I'll see ya guys later. :thumb:

-2 Delibird for sure. They're not worth it. I played Blastoise at several events last season. It just is too clunky. Consider Shuckle Promo (yes, the fighting type one) as your target for attachment per turn. It means an extra card to draw every turn, and drawing two cards per turn never hurt anybody.

The thing is that Delibird is actually faster than Shuckle in cards. I would use my energy attachment for the turn for a DCE on Mewtwo, Kyurem, or Blastoise. I don't want to waste an energy on a certain Pokemon that can't help the others in any way possible. Plus, Delibird is a good starter just in case you don't get an EX.It's only my opinion and like I said in someone's CMT deck, you can't change it.

i have been getting very hyped about a similar build to this. with some previous water-build experience, i would do this.
+2 cilan (constant energy supply), +1 Junk arm, -1 switch, -1 totodile, -1 N
-1 super rod, +1 oaks new theory ( i always find draw power usefull in a water build)

Last edited:
I'd personally play 4-2-3 Blastoise and 3 Kyurem EX instead of the 2 Delibirds. While it's nice to have the draw power, your T/S/S should be able to cover it. Definitely up the PONT/N to at least 2 each, if not 4 of either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back