Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rampardos Questions

Nekizalb

Hello,

I was wondering if I used one of Rampardos' (Platinum) attacks, would its Poke-Body, "Iron Skull", bypass the effects of Special Metal Energies attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Example: My Rampardos uses "Head Smash" against an opponent's Pokemon with 2 Special Metal Energies. Rampardos does not have Expert Belt, Pluspower, or anything else attached to it that would increase damage. Does Head Smash do 80 damage because Iron Skull bypasses Special Metals, or would it do 60 damage because my opponent's Pokemon has 2 Special Metals attached to it?

Second, my Rampardos (Platinum) used its "Mold Breaker" attack. My opponent attacks and leaves Rampardos with 40 HP remaining. I retreat my damaged Rampardos and bring up a Benched Pokemon. I play a Warp Point. My opponent sends up a Pokemon that has 60 HP. I bring up my damaged Rampardos that I just retreated. I use Head Smash for 80 damage and Knock Out the new Defending Pokemon. Would the Mold Breaker effect remain in play, and Rampardos would do 20 damage to itself, or would the effect be removed when I retreated, and thus Rampardos would do 40 damage to itself?

Thank you for looking at these questions.

-Nekizalb

Yes, it would do 80. The special Metals are placing an effect on the defending Pokemon and that is ignored.

All attack effects are removed when you bring the Pokemon that has that effect on it to the bench, so the effect is gone and Rampardos would do 40 to itself.

Back