Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rare Candy on Lv.X

CHRNO

I have a quetion i hope some one can answer.
Is it possible to use rae candy on ,, example : piplup to evolve to Empoleon Lv.X or is it strictly Empoleon.

No. Read the level X card. There has to be an original Pokemon underneath the Level X. In your case, there has to be an Empoleon underneath Empoleon Lv X

Can RC into an Empy. Then, after waiting a turn AND the Empy being in the active position, then you can level up to the X.

Keith

Can RC into an Empy. Then, after waiting a turn AND the Empy being in the active position, then you can level up to the X.

Keith
A proffesor has told me that you can NOT. I have no idea why, you are not actually "evolving" to a level X are you?

A proffesor has told me that you can NOT. I have no idea why, you are not actually "evolving" to a level X are you?

Maybe bc the RULES say you cannot level up the same turn you evovle in the Empy (or the Ape or the Torra). Leveling up does cure status, so, it is similiar to an evo, but not one. Think of the evolved basic w/ baby evo's.

Keith

Maybe bc the RULES say you cannot level up the same turn you evovle in the Empy (or the Ape or the Torra). Leveling up does cure status, so, it is similiar to an evo, but not one. Think of the evolved basic w/ baby evo's.

Keith
Oh it does take away Conditions....well then I stand corrected. I really need to go check out the rules and such...I haven't read them yet...I was just going by what Empoleon LVX said...

Everyone should pick up a Starter Deck and get a copy of the rule book.
There are big changes and it's best to be fluent in them.

Back