Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rare Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey remember the good ol' WoTC days when we had rare trainers (like Breeder , Com Search). It was that time when I was just a kid and just wanted an shiny-backgrounded Pokemon card. Most of the time when I open a booster I get a [edit] Trainer Card. It's where my 2+ somethin bucks went. 2 bucks is something big for me at that time.Sorry but i gotta let go of this feeling. Anyway , I think PUSA really done well in making all Trainer uncommon.
[edit: Watch the language. Please review the posting rules. -Pop]

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem I see with that so far, is that due to having so many uncommons in a set, I find in some cases that uncommons of good cards seem even more rare than normal rares in a box. Like in the last few boxes I've gotten anywhere from 3-6 of certain rares, but only 1 or 2 of certain uncommons. Luck of the draw I guess, but it still seems a bit strange to me.

Why does everyone say "good old days" when talking about Wizards/Unlimited. For me their weren't good. Mainly beceause I couldn't get all the uber trainer cards from base set because they didn't sell them anymore. And your place in a tournament was only made up by how rich you were.

In my point of view, a rarity symbol is merely an emblem on a card, signifying the class of ability the card has.
All of the trainers(in most cases, almost all), are labelled with uncommon as a rarity.
They look like they are uncommon, but they ain't really uncommon.
Like procrastination_alley said, only 1 to 2 of a certain uncommon in a box.. that's pretty true.
The symbol of a trainer card may generally become a pure common or an uncommon.
But they may possess powers of an old school rare trainer card!!!

PS: Supporters may not generally be good uncommons, but they are also quite rare in boxes!!

You do understand PUSA really does not make the card? They print the cards given to them by the Japanese Property Owners (thought sometimes they get to print them before they are printed in Japan).

On the other hand, the distributor does have some input into rarity of the cards printed.
WotC had given some cards a different rarity when they printed them than they had in the original Japanese set.
One of the few impacts they had on "card text".

If I had my druthers, I'd hope that PUSA would go to 10 cards per pack instead of 9 and make that 10th card ALWAYS be an uncommon trainer. They're too hard to get sometimes.

Eventhough i didn't like getting rare trainers, it would make when you got a rare pokemon even better. And the uncommon thing needs to be fixed, they can't be more rare than rare cards...

The reason people say good old days is because most of us were kids like 10-15 or younger when we started playing. I mean my first expierience was in 5th grade when this kid brought a shadowless Gyardos to school and everyone was like O_O!!! Its was just an amazing thing granted I didnt start league play till 7th grade because No leagues near my house... But yeah it was fun heck I still remember evolving charizard into Ninetails and attacking with no energy he he and then one wonderfull day I met a kid at league who gave me sleeves and a Holo blastoise and told me I should play raindance I dunno but just the amazing feeling of playing back then I dont think any of us will ever forget when we started playing ^_^ I still remember playing in my first tourny ever and when it came time to call 16 I started to cry cause I was 4-2 and people with 3-3 made it in and I didnt so I went to call my dad and then 2 of my friends ran out screaming CHRIS you made it ! and then round 1 I got knocked out by a Sneasel Slowking lol.

Sorry about the rambling just when I look back it just triggers something not saying its not as fun just I dont think we will ever have that same feeling that we did when the game first came out ^_^

- Chris

Yeah , Pokemon premiered when I was in 4th grade and it's the sweetest of all times. Now I'm in High School , Pokemon really lost some of it's charm. (Wonder why??) , Anyway , maybe it's because we're still kids a few years back and we all know that kids don't take most things serious.....I miss being in Grade School!!!!<---no girl problems in Grade school

The fact that we only get two uncommons in each pack doesn't help much either. Some of these uncommon trainers today seem even more rare than the rare trainers back then.

Well Claw Fossil being a common that makes a bit of sense, but still seems to be very over-unbalanced.

I too could see the fossil thing, but only 3 candy, thats insane, INSANE! O_O!!! Its gotten way out of hand for the rarity of trainers

Yo, PUSA! Since we don't have the funny dots on the cards anymore, how about giving us an extra uncommon trainer in each pack! (Seriously, how 'bout it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back