Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ratings FAQ up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow..8 invites for Masters. 12 for Seniors. And..2 for Nats? Then there's 4 dispersed among last year's Top 4 of Worlds..making a total of at least 15 Invites for Seniors in the US, and at least 12 for anyone. Oh the fun in this.

Last edited:
And, let the whining begin!!!

I kinda had this perception that States, Regionals, and Nationals would be worth more than that. For whatever reason, I thought that it would look something like 32/32/40/48/64 or something like that. OK, Cities are now VERY important to your rating.

Those Invites and trips look higher than what I thought they'd be. Also, very American centric. 15 invites through this. 8 through the Grinder (probably). 2 or 4 from Worlds last year. That makes 27 invites already given, with 37 still left to give, if the number of 64 from last year is still valid. I wonder how this will affect the Nationals?

Where does it say 2 for nats? I don't see that anywhere on the doc...

EDIT: Ninja'd

It doesn't. :tongue:

Didn't 1st and 2nd from Nats go to Worlds last year? All we have to go on is last year's structure. Besides, it doesn't make sense for the top prize for Nats to NOT be a trip to Worlds.

I have a Question.

Does this mean that only 12 senior will go to worlds from the USA , Canada and ????

Same for junior and master?

JasonTran said:
I have a Question.

Does this mean that only 12 senior will go to worlds from the USA , Canada and ????

Well, there will be 15 Seniors from CA/MX/USA together. 3 of the previous World's Top 4 are from here, and they have auto trips. 12 more people will go as well. I'm guessing that 1-2 will be for Nats(if not more), so it may be up to 14 trips you have a shot at. And then there's the grinder where a few will be given(hopefully).

JasonTran said:
I have a Question.

12 Seniors from ratings. Don't forget that there are invites at Nationals, and that there is a Last Chance Qualifier.

I dont understand....

ok this year world there have 4 winner that have a auto-trip

then let said Nat give 2.

And how we going to deicide whether who going into that 10

This is for senior.

:S Only two invites in the entire Asia Pacific? It doesn't affect me, of course, since I'm not a top player, but it doesn't seem like much...

M_Liesik said:
12 Seniors from ratings. Don't forget that there are invites at Nationals, and that there is a Last Chance Qualifier.

When will the invites for all Nationals/LCQ be announced? I heard about Nationals already in April, that's not to far away.

Overall I am positive suprised by the split up for ranking based invites.

JasonTran said:
I dont understand....
JasonTran said:

This is for senior.
Through the rankings, as outlined in the FAQ article...

'mom

JasonTran said:
I dont understand....

This is for senior.
In the link of the first post, if you scroll down, you'll see that there are 12 trips given to Seniors based on Premier Rating. These 12 trips are JUST for Premier Rating. Nothing else. If one of the top 12 wins Nats and gets a trip or got a trip from being in Worlds Top 4 from last year, then they trickle down. So..

12 for Premier Rating.
3 for US/CA/MX for Top 4 Worlds placement(the other one goes to Japan)
2 for Nats 1st and Second
X for Grinders

So at least 12 up for grabs, and maybe 14-16 + 3 for last year's Worlds players. Your best bet is to seek out the winner of 11-14 right now and beat them in everything XD

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

M_Liesik said:
And to FS/Bullados above, HA! :tongue: Notice the plural as well. Meaning, at worst, we have 2 invites there. *evil laugh*

Last edited:
M_Liesik said:

Hey Mike-
Lets say there is a tie for 8th for Masters in North America between 2 or more people, how will the tie be broken???

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Metal Master said:
And to FS/Bullados above, HA! :tongue: Notice the plural as well. Meaning, at worst, we have 2 invites there. *evil laugh*

Metal Master-
You are right at least 1 for each division, 1+1+1=3
So I think that is where the plural comes in

Last edited:
the ft. laud. loud mounth said:
Metal Master-
You are right at least 1 for each division, 1+1+1=3
So I think that is where the plural comes in
Alright, alright. :rolleyes: But the response was concerning the Senior Division. So..I dunno..guess we play the waiting game again :tongue:

RainbowGym said:
When will the invites for all Nationals/LCQ be announced? I heard about Nationals already in April, that's not to far away.

Honestly, Dave's the invites guy and he's not in today, so I can't really give you that answer right now.

ninetales1234 said:
What are "Rating Zones" and what purpose do they serve?

Those are the "continental" ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back