Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RE Pokemon Worlds 2012: A Few Questions

Blue Blur

Hi, I have some questions concerning Worlds this year:

1) Exactly which hotel is it being held at in Hawaii?
2) Which dates does the event run from and until (believe it to be 13-15 August but not too sure)
3)Is the LCQ the day before? Also when does registration occur for Worlds, and where?
4) Purely out of interest, the trip won by making the finals of UK Nationals - what does it cover? Ie does it just pay for plane tickets, which airline if so, does it pay for a hotel too, which one if so, anything else included, how many days does it cover in Hawaii etc.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Thanks for the link; however this answers few of the initial questions raised. The link doesn't reveal where Worlds will be held, or about Travel Awards and what they give, etc. I did, however, get the date of Worlds, which is a start.

If anybody could give information (past experience or knowledgable sources), then I would be most grateful. Especially as I may be making bookings, etc; I don't want to reserve places at a hotel only to find it is miles away from the main event.

4) Purely out of interest, the trip won by making the finals of UK Nationals - what does it cover? Ie does it just pay for plane tickets, which airline if so, does it pay for a hotel too, which one if so, anything else included, how many days does it cover in Hawaii etc.

Many, many thanks in advance!

This is based on how it was for me in 2010. I dunno if anything has changed . . .

You can do it either way . . . book the flights yourself and Pokemon will refund the money, or they can book it for you. When I went we wanted a longer stay so we booked the tickets for a 2 week holiday and then submitted them and got the money back. Obviously you can't go mad and book 1st class travel, but if you are reasonable, it's fine.

They pay for 5 nights at the Hilton IIRC.

POP won't refund more than they would have to pay if they used their travel company to book your flights.

POP pay for return flight and room only at the venue. Two flights if a guardian has to be provided.. Food, transfers, etc are down to you.

Jak, thanks for the info; much appreciated :)

Ian, does that mean then that the travel award would allow us to purchase economy or first class tickets and get the difference back? Also, if we weren't to go to the Hilton, but rather another one nearby, would the travel award cover the expenses to the amount it would have paid for the Hilton?

Thanks again!

You would have to ask pokemon about first class tickets and in particular if they would subsidise in full or in part the difference in price. The award is for economy tickets at the lower of what you pay or what their travel company can obtain.

POP block book rooms at the Hilton. So the room is provided even if you choose not to use it. I believe that in the past players have paid the Hilton for upgrades on top of what is provided but I don't know how that works.

Back