Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RE: Sparkling Particles and phases

Simwar

Sparkling Particles says that you can use the ability at any time between turns.
However the most recent rulebook says to take care of Special Conditions in the following order; Poisoned, Burned, Asleep, Paralyzed. THEN apply the effects of any abilities.
Doesn't this imply that the ability can't be used at any time?

Regarding effects that 'happen at the same time' I always hear that the owner of the Pokémon being affected gets to choose the order.
If this is true, could you use Sparkling Particles to heal first, then place damage for poison.
I know in most situations this doesn't meen anything because they kind of cancel each other before checking for KOs.
But say you, for some reason, wanted your undamaged Cresselia to have damage on it when the turn begins. Could you 'Heal' when it had 0 damage, and then place a damage counter for poison?

BDS: "This is different than Damage and KO checks during the Attack phase of the game, where once a Pokemon has Damage equal or greater than its HP it is KO'd."

I was under the impression that once you had placed the damage from a attack, you would proceed to resolving the effects of the attack, and then check for KOs. Meening that a Pokémon could exceed it's HP and then, if some effect healed it, go below it's HP again before checking for KOs.
Did I miss something important here or how does it work?

I'm having trouble thinking of an effect during attack that wouldn't be part of the damage calculation. Things that are part of calculating damage would of course be applied. Do you have an example of something that heals after the damage is done in an attack?

BDS

Back