Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Re: Typhlosion's Body - UPDATED please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25667

I have a Pidgey as my Active Pokemon and Victreebel on my Bench. The opponent has Zapdos ex Active. The opponent uses Electron Crush to KO Pidgey. I promote Victreebel to the Active slot. Does Zapdos ex have a damage counter put on for Acid Sampler?

If Zapdos ex doesn't have a damage counter put on, then I'm confused. There are tons of decks based on Knocking Out your active Weezing with liability then putting Victreebel or Typhlosion active in its place so the Defending Pokemon is KOed. Does this not work? Does Victreebel's power not activate when you Knock Out weezing?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, this is not clear enough to answer.
What was KO'd, by what, and replaced with what?

OK, reading the reworded question:

Yes, that will work.
Remember, the Pokemon that are KO'd from an attack are replaced before the end of the turn.
Therefore the Typhlosion or Victreebel are active for the entire between turn phase and their powers will place damage counters.

The other question you are referring to talks about a Pokemon being KO'd between turns by poison or something and then being replaced by Typhlosion.

These are two TOTALLY different situations and players really need to understand that a KO (and replacement) from an attack happens at a different time in the game than a KO (and replacement) from a Special Condition such as Poisoned or Burned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back