Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rebirth Crusader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Aaah, Rebirth Crusader... Though the name sounds like it ought to have lightning shooting over the place ((Tales of Destiny reference, yay)), it's if anything, it's a counter Lightning deck. And a counter psychic deck. Heck, other then Darkwing duck, it's got quite a few powerful win options.

What is it? Banette/Gardevoir. Yikes.

21 Pokemon
Amount in deck,Name,Level,Set
1 Gardevoir X SW
2 Gardevoir 55 SW
2 Gallade 55 SW
2 Kirlia 28 SW
4 Ralts - DF
4 Banette 42 SW
4 Shuppet - CG
1 Unown E 18 MT
1 Minun 30 SW

26 Trainers
2 Great Ball
4 Rare Candy
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance
2 Lake Boundary
2 Team Galactic's Wager
3 TV Reporter
2 Holon Mentor
2 Roseanne's Research
3 Celio's Network

13 Energy
3 Double Rainbow
8 Psychic
2 Fighting

So wait, what's going on?

Well, I'm sure most people know the rather obvious early game donk combo of Shuppet and Bannette. Ascend -> Ghost Head. Game. And that does happen... Hence why Unown E is included (yay, dealing 90 damage with Ghost Head~)
I'm also sure people have noticed the Spiteful Pain attack for 80 damage, no damage to self. But the problems with it? You need to have a Banette in discard often. Thus, the ideal combo was to have a Gardevoir copying either a Celios or TV Reporter, and having supporters in your hand to provide the other card's effect, to give you a search for Banette, a discard for Banette, and an advantage given due to the discard (beyond damage).
Naturally, Gardevoir and Gallade merely pack a ton of strength to overwhelm anything that Banette doesn't early game donk.

However... Does this deck do that all as stated? Obviously not, or I'd be beating the Darkwing Duck and Magmortars in the area. Gardevoir decks are victories for sure, but not every deck in the area is Garde, so... Not to mention that Unown E starts are auto-losses.

Suggestions? Something I forgot for no reason?

I built this as well, since it sounded like a solid idea. My main problems were that Banette tended to siphon away Gallade's power, making him not as good. I also had problems with combining Bring Down and Ghost Head. As crazy as this might sound, I came to the conclusion that you needed Potion along with SSU to really make it work. I'm a little suprised that you don't run at least one Phoebe's Stadium or Holon WP to help bring a Banette active for a quick Ghost Head out of nowhere.

do you really need 2 great balls? you have 2 mentors and 2 roseannes and 3 celios which is plenty. that and since your opponents are probably using these too you could use telepass for them

while idk if you hvae them, i like TSD in a deck using both garde and gallade and lv x, i'm using 3 in mine so if you can replace the great balls with them

but if not more NM would work too

or you could also follow's Darkwalker's suggestion of using WP or Pheobe;s stadium

either way it looks solid. 9/10

would you look at D-Virus in my sig please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back