Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Redeeming States winnings @ Nats

ProfessorJacob7

When whoever is giving out $$ at Nats does it, will it be like, CASH, or will it be a check that is made out to the recipient's at the time of retrieval?

also, if it IS a check, anyone know of a close-by place for someone to cash it? :lol:

Here is what I know; last year, a friend of mine won states, and he got a check at Nats for his travel award.

I'm in a similar boat (having won states this year) where I need to cash the check on Thursday of Nats so I can get a hotel room, so I would be interested in nearby places to cash it. A WalMart, maybe?

For at least the last 3 years they have been given as 3 $100 travellers checks... practically good as cash.

They do however only give them out at certain times (between 12 and 4 I believe) on Fri and Sat.

For at least the last 3 years they have been given as 3 $100 travellers checks... practically good as cash.

They do however only give them out at certain times (between 12 and 4 I believe) on Fri and Sat.
Distribution times are different this year:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/tcg-stateprovinceterritory-championships/

To quote that page: "Travel allowances will be distributed on Thursday, June 28th during preregistration and Friday, June 29th between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 9:00 A.M. Photo ID of the player or the player’s parent/guardian will be required to collect the travel allowance."

Back