Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Refresher is killing me!

ESAKO

When I start PTCGO its says loading then it goes to the refresher. It gets to unpacking then it just stops nothing happens. I have tryed everything from deleting to refreshing to restarting. Please I really need some help with this I have no idea what to do.

Last edited:
When I start PTCGO its says loading then it goes to the refresher. It gets to unpacking then it just stops nothing happens. I have tryed everything from deleting to refreshing to restarting. Please I really need some help with this I have no idea what to do.

Are you using MAC or Windows?

support.pokemon.com and you have to be logged in to your Pokemon Trainer club account Hope this helps

Last edited:
Try uninstalling the entire application, remove all files from the PTCGO folder (default location is c:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Pokemon Trading Card Game Online ).

Then try re-installing, you may want to also change the install location to C:/Program Files/something so that it is easier to find and remove the files if you get another refresher lock-up.

Yea I have deleted everything that has anything to do with PTCGO and un and reinstalled it nothing works.

---------- Post added 11/19/2012 at 08:54 AM ----------

The support pokemon page will not load up it says it is an invalid link.

Why would he know that?

That's a question that would have to go through to the designers of the program, who would then have to inspect the code and figure it out (if Cake is a third-party program it might have to go another layer further, too), and then back up to Liesik before coming back to us.

Unless the bug is really ridiculously horrendous, which I kind of doubt, it'd be faster to just fix it.

I am new here. I have similar issue. I downloaded the game from official site for Windows. I get to Refresher, but by third step I get error, "Error during update. Sorry for the issue, please re-install the game." I try everything to fix error. I try re-installing numerous times and in different location on different hard drives. I try uninstalling using applications like CCleaner, Your Uninstaller and many other applications associated with fixing registry inconsistencies. I try removing all unwanted files left after uninstall process. I try cleaning registry. I try de-fragmenting registry. I try disable my personal Anti-Virus and Firewall, ESET Smart Security. I try disable all its protective features. I try to run refresher in Gaming Mode feature of Anti-Virus. I have no other Anti-Virus software besides ESET Smart Security. I have no other active protecting Firewall that could possible hinder the game to update. My Windows Firewall is disabled. I try updating Adobe Flash just because I run out of ideas to fix said error.

I also try re-downloading client and install from new client. Same issue persists after installation of new client. I run out of ideas.

Any assistance appreciated.

Additional Information:
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit (Not fully updated)
**awaited updates pending installation**
Core 2 Quad
4 GB Ram DDR3
Radeon HD 5770 1 GB Video Ram

BROWSER: Mozila Firefox (Fully updated)
ANTI-VIRUS + FIREWALL: ESET Smart Security (Full updated)
CCleaner (Full updated)
Your Uninstaller (Outdated)
Tune Up Utilities (Outdated)

P.S. Let me know if any additional information is required for any possible assistance.

Back