Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Regigigas Deck--won maltese championshp--

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this deck I managed to win the 2008 Maltese championship, with a 5-0 record (winning all games 2-0)

Pokemon-21

2 Regigigas (gigaton punch)
2 Regigigas LVX

3 driftloon
2 driftblim

2 evee
2 glaceon
1 glaceon LVX

1 sneasel
1 weavile

2 baltoy
1 claydol (I couldn’t find a 2nd one XD)

1 unown G
1 azelf

Energies-14

4 water
4 fighting
4 basic metal
2 multi

Trainiers-25

3 Roseanne’s research
3 bebe
2 felicity
2 buck’s
2 Cynthia’s feelings
3 lake boundary
2 warp point
4 Pluspower
2 NM
1 premier ball
1 luxury ball

After an analysis of my metagame I decided to play a ‘weird’ version of Regigigas; in my metagame the main decks where basesd around magmortar and dusknoir. There where other decks such as magnezone, luxray and other rough decks.

I decided to focus my deck around Regigigas LVX because of his unique poke power, which makes him one of the best card in the modified format. I decided to use the gigaton punch Regigigas because his attack require 3 colourless energy to attack, and also because of his poke body.

I decided to play a weavile as a tach against dark weak decks ( such as dusknoir and gengar), because with lake boundary these can be KOed with one hit. Glaceon is there manily to shut off powers, such as that of dusknoir LVX and gengar; glaceon is also used against magmortar and other fire decks.

Why Cynthia's feelings? And why only 3 bebe and 3 roseanne? I like the Lake boundarys though.

Cynthia's feelings is one of the best supporters in this format, because it lets you draw 8 cards if one of yourt pokemon was KOed. Well in this deck 3 roseanne';s and bebe are enough, since the deck dosn'yt have many basics, and there are priemer and luxary ball for pokemon too.

Well no they aren't city championships becuase Malta is too small to divide the players in cities and therefore instead of the city they make a tournament which is called Maltese Championship, where everone from Malta can participate...

Cynthia's feelings is one of the best supporters in this format, because it lets you draw 8 cards if one of yourt pokemon was KOed. Well in this deck 3 roseanne';s and bebe are enough, since the deck dosn'yt have many basics, and there are priemer and luxary ball for pokemon too.

Well no they aren't city championships becuase Malta is too small to divide the players in cities and therefore instead of the city they make a tournament which is called Maltese Championship, where everone from Malta can participate...
This deck is the worst deck to play Cynthia's Feelings in. Your opponent should never KO any of your pokemon. Also Cynthia's feelings gets rid of the cards in your hand, and is conditional. You should be playing a lot more basics, I know you're limited on cards, but there should be more uxie's and one more unknown G.

This deck is the worst deck to play Cynthia's Feelings in. Your opponent should never KO any of your pokemon. Also Cynthia's feelings gets rid of the cards in your hand, and is conditional. You should be playing a lot more basics, I know you're limited on cards, but there should be more uxie's and one more unknown G.

well if thats your reasoining than i shouldn't play night maintaince either. People play card ssuch as cynthia's feelings to help them when they are losing, and ths same here. If i get a bad hand, i just sacrifce a pokemon to draw 8 cards. You should play cards to help you when you are losing not when you are winning...

well if thats your reasoining than i shouldn't play night maintaince either. People play card ssuch as cynthia's feelings to help them when they are losing, and ths same here. If i get a bad hand, i just sacrifce a pokemon to draw 8 cards. You should play cards to help you when you are losing not when you are winning...

Night maintenance is needed in gigas decks cause :-

it's a trainer - reducing your hand quickly to drop uxies for mass card drawing.

it's effect - Not needed 'when you're losing' it shuffles your uxies and mesprits back into the deck so you can re-use them.
It suits the deck.

Whereas Cynthias feelings doesnt really suit gigas's play-style, You need to keep specific cards in your hand, and usually the only poke your opponent will be able to KO will be regigias lv.x, which usually either a) doesnt happen cause you sacrifice and pokehealer him all the time, or when they do KO him, you bring up another gigas lv.x to continue the pounding.

it's nice to hear that you won a championship with your build and congrats for that ^_^.

Its a nice deck and i think, considering ure meta that you made good calls on what to put in but the overall structure isa bit overtheplace and the two pokemon have little synergy. Theres a lot of work to it like changing the supporting pokemon. Is there a lot of players in malta

put in a 1-1-1-1 garchomp line so you can restore regigigas when it gets KOed i would put this in because you are playing a 2-2 so when you lose both you can restore it back then put one more energy on and also put in premire ball in put 4 in so you can get it back from the discard pile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back