Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Regigigas --Galactic Conquest Strategy--

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i first saw the glactic conquest set, i immediatly tought of deck with regigigigas and dialga G LVX, and here it is:

Pokemon - 21

2 Regigigas (slow start)
2 Regigigas LVX

2 Dialga G
2 Dialga G LVX

2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

3 Diftloon
2 Driftblim

1 Sneasel
1 Weavile

1 Azelf
1 Unown G

Energy – 14

4 Water
4 Fighting
4 Basic Metal
2 Multi

Trainers - 25

3 Roseanne’s Research
2 Bebe’s search
2 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
2 Felicity Drawing
2 Buck’s training
2 Cynthia’s Feelings
3 Snowpoint Temple
1 Lake Boundary
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
4 Pluspower

The main strategy of this deck is to lock slow start with the poke body of Dialga and therefore you will enable to attack with Regigigas even if your opponent has not taken 3 prizes. This must look difficult because one can say how could you build a pokemon with 4 energies and have a LVX on your bench, without given too many prizes to your opponent. Well this deck can if you manage to have a good start, the following is an ideal start.

Turn 1 --> Diftloon active
Turn 2 --> Evolve to Driftblim and use 2nd attack (search for Dialga G and Regigigas with energy)
Turn 3 -->Attach an energy to Dialga, and attack again with Driftblim (either get another 2 basics, or else pick a card from the discard pile)
Turn 4 -->Attach an energy to Regigigas, warp point Driftblim and sent Dialga G active, level up Dialga, retreat Dialga and sent out Regigigas, level up Regigigas and use sacrifice to retrieve 2 energies and be able to attack.

It might seem very difficult to have all the cards to do the following setup, but it isn’t that difficult if you manage to have a T2 Driftblim. I need many help with the trainer lines, so please try to suggest what can be improved, I was thinking that this deck doesn’t need night maintenance that much...

Dialga G LV.79 – Steel – HP100
Basic Pokemon (SP)
[M][C] Pierce: 10 damage. Your opponent can't play any Trainer cards or Stadium cards from his or her hand during your opponent's next turn.
[M][C][C] Second Strike: 50 damage. If the Defending Pokemon already has at least 2 damage counters on it, this attack does an additional 20 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Dialga G LV.X LV.X – Steel – HP120
Level-Up (SP)
Poke-Body: Time Crystallization
Each player's Pokemon (excluding SP-Pokemon) can't use any Poke-Bodies.
[M][M][C][C] Remove Lost: 80 damage. Flip a coin until you get tails, for each heads remove an Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon and put it in the Lost Zone.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

The big problem I see, is why even use Slow Start Gigas, when we have the other LA one. Is it really worth all the set up to hit for 120 once or twice?

There isn't too much to say about the deck, since it's in an entirely different format than the one we're in, and there is no way to understand what should be put into the deck, and what should not. But change the dialga and Palkia line into 3-1, and run at least 3 Premier balls. Also put in a few rare candys, makes this whole set up into turn 3. You need 4 switches, this is still gigas. That would make this setup into turn 2 able. Also switches are a lot better in gigas than warp point. Claydol will never work with gigas, stop trying to put it in there, and accept that uxie is good. Make the drifblim line into 2-2, you don't need to up the driflim count when you have roseannes, which is always a four count with gigas. Why are you running 4 stadiums? You really worried about dusknoir that much? Also what is lake boundry doing? With weavile all of your attacks are already one hit KO. Man....play the first gigas before you make a new gigas, I can criticize nearly ever card in here. This is what the proper build would look like:

3-1 Regigigas (slowstart)
3-1 Dialga G
3-1 Uxie
2-2 Drifblim
1 Mesprit
1 Azelf
2 Unknown G
1 Regice
1 Lunatone

4 Roseanne's Research
2 Bebe's Search
4 Felicity's drawings
3 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
2 TSD
4 Switch
3 Rare Candy
4 Energy Search

3 Fighting
3 Water
2 Steel
3 Call

When making this list I realized that working Dialga G and Drifblim along with gigas is too much to work out. The idea is nice, but I don't expect it to work out unless there is some major revamping with the way gigas works.

EDIT: Po-Po-Pocchama also has the point that this is a lot to have gigas use a different attack that can do nothing in late game, the recover mech gigas is fine, the slowstart one might not even be that good.

If you manage to get a T2 driftblim, this deck could work out becuase it isn't that difficult to Level up regigigas and dialga, and there is no need for regice or lunatone, becuase you are going to discard the energies with the retreat cost of dialga LVX which is 2, and therefore it will set up regigigas

. Man....play the first gigas before you make a new gigas, I can criticize nearly ever card in here.

For your information i played the first regigigas and won a CC...i just wanted to try something different

PS: I would like to thank you very much for the encouragement

If you manage to get a T2 driftblim, this deck could work out becuase it isn't that difficult to Level up regigigas and dialga, and there is no need for regice or lunatone, becuase you are going to discard the energies with the retreat cost of dialga LVX which is 2, and therefore it will set up regigigas

For your information i played the first regigigas and won a CC...i just wanted to try something different

PS: I would like to thank you very much for the encouragement
Getting a t2 drifblim for your deck means getting a drifloon t1. This is stretching the deck out way too much. And you're playing claydol, it obviously looks like you don't know how to play gigas.

I DON'T SEE WHY YOU ARE USING THE SLOW START GIGAS,
IT WOULD BE A LOT BETTER TO RUN THE OTHER ONE.
EVEN KNOW THAT IT'S EFFECT WILL BE NEGATED WHILE
DIALGA G LV.X IS ON THE FIELD, IT IS STILL BETTER
TO GO WITH THE OTHER ONE,
I HOPE I HELPED,

;)

I DON'T SEE WHY YOU ARE USING THE SLOW START GIGAS,
IT WOULD BE A LOT BETTER TO RUN THE OTHER ONE.
EVEN KNOW THAT IT'S EFFECT WILL BE NEGATED WHILE
DIALGA G LV.X IS ON THE FIELD, IT IS STILL BETTER
TO GO WITH THE OTHER ONE,
I HOPE I HELPED,

;)

I play the slow start one so that, with dialga lvx i will shut up his poke body, and therefore could attack before my opponent takes 3 prizes. If i play any other gigas dialga would be useless in the deck.

And you're playing claydol, it obviously looks like you don't know how to play gigas.

Tell me why uxie lvx is better than claydo...

I play the slow start one so that, with dialga lvx i will shut up his poke body, and therefore could attack before my opponent takes 3 prizes. If i play any other gigas dialga would be useless in the deck.

Tell me why uxie lvx is better than claydo...
Dialga would not be useless in the deck. If you look in that set again, you'll see a very strong ampharos in there that easily shuts down gigas and forces gigas to run him regardless.

If you've ever played gigas you'd know that claydol just doesn't work in the deck, it never has.

But why? You must give reasons why you are saying that claydol doesn't work in a regigigas deck.
It should be simple, Gigas'es bench is way too active to mess around with claydol. I playtested many games with claydol in gigas, and only remember one game where I actually got claydol off. You're too busy trying to set gigas up to be messing around with claydol. All that uxie asks is to be played from hand, no more, no less. Go ahead, playtest it, you'll see that claydol just doesn't work like it does in other decks.

Dialga G lv.X OWNS this deck's problem with Mewtwo lv.X so hard it's ridiculous.

With all due respect though, man, just stick with recover mechanism Gigas. Slow Start's attack just isn't worth it in my opinion.

- Xaej

The synergy with Dialga G and another regigigas might seem tempting, but the other regigigas can attack regardless of whether or not the dialga is out and it's attacks are decent. Dialga G will see play in regigigas, not as an actual part of the deck, but as a tech card. As Xael said before it's an excellent way to get around mewtwo, as well as the new ampharos that shuts down powers on pokemon that have damage counters on them. With the new set there will be more hate for gigas than ever before, but gigas now has a way to defend itself with a versatile and resilient tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back