Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

regigigas- how to bring it down

Machamp, and AMU. Pretty much anything that can dish out 100+ damage multiple times in a row has it beat if it can take Giga Blaster. If you could get out 2 of whatever pokemon does 100+ Gigas can't really deal with the constant abuse.

Last edited:
Machamp is the only deck that has a Good match-up against Regi. Anything else you can just Reconstuctre away, but Machamp just beats you. It's like a 20-80. If anyone can actually inform me on how to win this Match-up, I would love you. But I doubt it's even possible.

Machamp is the only deck that has a Good match-up against Regi. Anything else you can just Reconstuctre away, but Machamp just beats you. It's like a 20-80. If anyone can actually inform me on how to win this Match-up, I would love you. But I doubt it's even possible.

I beat Machamp in match play in finals at a CC I went to. i got kind of lucky though.
It's very difficult, but if you Mesprit lock them long enough then you can have a slightly better chance at winning.

I've beaten Machamp multiple times with Regigigas. Machamp is actually hideously weak to Uxie and Uxie Lv X :)

I've beaten Machamp multiple times with Regigigas. Machamp is actually hideously weak to Uxie and Uxie Lv X :)

Same here, for some reason though, if I can't get my Mesprits timed right (Which I can usually do), Gliscor gives me one heck of a match, but if I time that Mesprit perfectly (To force them to level up to prevent one shotting-PP ftw), I usually get to toy with them for the rest of the match like a cat with yarn or something

Multipile mespirits or tech zam cause gigas alot of headaches, espically early game. Other than that, just keep up with it and play off of the free prizes.

Uxie+Guard+Lv.X+Their Lv.X (Even when it’s not)+Weakness+Restrucutre/Switch/Warp Point

Wait did Uxie X with Unown G just get KO’d? Send up the one on the bench, Premier Ball, attach energy+G rinse and repeat.

Uxie+Guard+Lv.X+Their Lv.X (Even when it’s not)+Weakness+Restrucutre/Switch/Warp Point

Wait did Uxie X with Unown G just get KO’d? Send up the one on the bench, Premier Ball, attach energy+G rinse and repeat.

I forgot that Drop does nothing to Uxie if G is attached.:redface:

Still. Sounds like it's tough to deal with. Definitely in Machamps favor.

And if Machamp plays Mesprit (which it rarely does), you're pwned. No Guard (Unown G, not Machamp X's No Guard), no Setup, no Tradeoff, no Psychic Bind, no Sacrifice. Just OHKOs everywhere.

rampardos can't OHKO Regigigas. Hasty Headbutt doesn't factor weakness.

Wrong Rampardos. Rampardos PL does 80 damage for one fighting energy with no side effects other then Rampardos taking 40 damage. Hasty Headbutt Rampardos does too little damage for so many energy to be a reasonable counter to... anything, really :[

Rampardos will be good, but how much can it swarm? It has a hard time to get fossils out fast enough, so Gigas can be just too fast agianst it... Uxie will be the key part of mach, 60 for 2 energys and hope that it wont get OHKOd (Snowpoint Temple).

There is no easy way to counter Gigas, If you try to use something Fighting (not Rampardos) it usually have weackness against Uxie and Bad Mach-ups against other decks, like Dusknoir.

M2 X can be good but it does nothing if Gigas haves TeCH against it (Like Dialg G Lv.X, Mismagius SF, Drifblim LA or Milotic GE). Regice is always on way...

Best way to counter Gigas can be Mewtwo X + Palkia X, Palkia X to drag out the Mewtwo counter and Mewtwo X for hitting and walling. Then just add in Uxie X and some more TeCHs and you have a good deck going (Azelf X?)

Rampardos will be good, but how much can it swarm? It has a hard time to get fossils out fast enough, so Gigas can be just too fast agianst it... Uxie will be the key part of mach, 60 for 2 energys and hope that it wont get OHKOd (Snowpoint Temple).

There is no easy way to counter Gigas, If you try to use something Fighting (not Rampardos) it usually have weackness against Uxie and Bad Mach-ups against other decks, like Dusknoir.

M2 X can be good but it does nothing if Gigas haves TeCH against it (Like Dialg G Lv.X, Mismagius SF, Drifblim LA or Milotic GE). Regice is always on way...

Best way to counter Gigas can be Mewtwo X + Palkia X, Palkia X to drag out the Mewtwo counter and Mewtwo X for hitting and walling. Then just add in Uxie X and some more TeCHs and you have a good deck going (Azelf X?)

T-1 Mesprit + An early Machamp is an easy way to counter Gigas. No way to protect Gigas or Uxie. No sacrifice.

Once you're already behind in prizes, Sacrficing is risky business.

Back