Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rep report SD GC. Keep on TRUKin

Rep13

Once again it is time for another one of my tournament reports. At 8 AM I wake up get showered and head out to the SDSU campus. I arrive around 9 and meet up with Nick and we walk to the Aztec Center. At the Aztec Center we met up with Abraham and the 400 Mexicans he brought up with him. Soon after Criminal and his buds showed up, real nice of Crim to drop out, I mean drop in. Anyway onto the tournament. I decided to stick to Sceptile since I have been doing well with it lately.

Round 1 vs ??? (Rock Lock)

I got set up pretty well in this game by evolving all of my Pokemon through thier stage 1s, and I had enough healing to prevent any real threats. Though this guy did hit me for 140 out of no where and almost KOed my Sceptile, but I was too far ahead for him to catch up.

1-0

Round 2 vs Water Pokemon Master (Rock Lock)

Jon had shown me his list earlier so I knew what I was up against. I got off to a slow start but his was even slower. The fact that he played no jirachi of either kind is what eventually did him in. I got my Sceptiles and Slowbros out eventually and started taking prizes. He still saw no evolutions. On his last turn he finally got a Tyranitar and hit my Sceptile EX for 170. But by then I had a candy a boost and a warp and got out another one and took my last prize.

2-0

Round 3 vs Marshall Cary (Salamence)

I get a Treecko Start and a hand full of energy. He goes first has a Bagon and a Horsea, he passes. I attach a grass and pass. He draws, candies to Salamence and attaches a fire to it. I miraculously top deck Dunsparce retreat, and fill up my bench and send up Jirachi. He draws and passes. I draw, get a Grovyle, check the top 5 and pull a Sceptile EX. As the game goes on I get set up and Marshall just goes through an energy drought and I won.

3-0

Round 4 vs Alex (Ludicargo)

I get a Slowpoke start and I lose the flip. He has a Lotad and a Slugma. He attaches a water to Lotad and hits me for 10. I topdeck a Jirachi play a warp point to bring it in then look through my top 5, the only good thing there is a Slowbro and I evolve and pass. He puts an energy on his Slug, candies to Ludicolo, gets a charm, and hits me for 40. I wake up get a Sparce put energy to it and pass. He gets another slug, does 20 to me and kos my Jirachi. I bring up sparce get a pidgey a slowpoke and a treecko. I get set up but hes taken 3 prizes at this point but I'm ready to hit with Sceptile, I do a quick search to try to get out my Pow! to nail his cargo, wait its prized, hmm I'll just get out my other Slowbros to avoid getting koed, wow they're both prized too, ok I'll just get out my other Sceptile EX to get ready for next turn, -_- prized. At this point I just concede. Congrats Alex you pulled a TRUK.

3-1

Round 5 vs George (Zapdos)

I get one of the worst starts ever, he gets a 2nd turn Zapdos, and starts Koing my guys. He takes 5 prizes in a row. Mirculously I get a Steven which gets me a Sceptile EX a candy and Slowbro. I evolve them, a put energy on them. His Zap hits my Sceptile for 80 with a charm. I put 40 on bro and heal. He does it again. I attach and heal again. He keeps hitting, and I keep healing. He eventually burned out his energy and had to blow up his Electrode. I take 2 prizes. He hits for 50. I put 50 on my bro, briney it and do ring of poison on him. He hits for 50 again. I lay my bro down again move 50 to it. Briney it again. Then ko him with poison. He has nothing but electrikes left and isn't in a position to blow up another Electrode. I quickly tear through the rest of pokemon and take the win. God, he could have just played a warp or reversal and won at any time.

4-1

Round 6 Leo (Shedinja)

I've been waiting for this match for a very long time now and I wanted to see how I would do. I get a Dunsparce and a Treecko, I strike for a Jirachi, a Slowpoke and a Pidgey. He Strikes for a Pidgey and 2 Nincadas. I check my top 5 get a candy, evolve to Pidgeot Celio for a grovyle evolve my treecko, search for another treecko, attach to grovle and pass. He evolves his nicadas to Nijasks and pulls out some Shedinjas, trys to paralyze me but fails. I check my top 5 get out a Sceptile EX, evolve him, I search for a normal sceptile, candy it move my energy to Scep ex, attach to him, Briney my jirachi, Bring up Sceptile and ko sparce. He brings up a shedijna lays, a ruins, attaches to his nijask and passes. Now its time for me to bring out my secret weapon. I lay down 2 bros, put an energy on one of them, search for a space center, and take a legal prize. Leo didn't see that coming. He sends up ninjask lays a ruins, attaches to it and does 60 to me. I put a grass on my other slowbro move my energy around, move some damage to the bros, and green heal. He hits again. I heal again. This goes on and on until he just concedes. After this game I say, to him, HA now you know how everyone else you have ever played against feels. GG Leo.

5-1

I take 3rd seed. Martin made it, crim made it, Raphael, and Alex all made it with us.

Top 16 vs Matt (Blastoise)

Alright another deck I have a total advantage over. I get an alright start but not much energy. He gets some Delcattys going and gets a 20 card hand. I get my pokemon set up but I don't have any energy other than boost to use. Hes up one prize on me so I Pow! his blastoise, I figure it will be 4 less energy and 40 less damage for me to take from his Magnetons, then I attach a boost to pidgeot hit him for 40, so now hes at 60. He hits me for 80, I bring up Sceptile EX with the only 2 grass energy I've seen all game, play a boost on him and KO him. He brings up a Magneton, but I know hes only capable of doing 120 to me at this point, oops he plays a boost kos me, wow. I really have have no energy at this point and 2 Treeckos being prized didn't help much. So I eventually just concede.

TRUKed again.

truked \'trucked\ n 1 : to transport heavy materials by automobile 2 : whenever Matt Dunford loses to a deck he would otherwise have a complete advantage over.

I'm hoping this term will make it into the 2006 websters dictionary.

In the end Martin ended up winning. Finally, after getting like 12 3rd places in a row Martin doesn't choke.

Props

To Martin for defending his title for a 2nd year.

To Alex for filming my dance on stage. (You'll see it soon)

To Criminal for conceding to Martin. I'm glad you finally experienced dropping out at a college, oh wait you've done that 12 times already.

To Jesse for getting 2nd, theres no shame in grinding in, I'll be there too. (Thank you very much TRUK)

To Efrain for bringing home the 11-14 Title.

To Pooka for being Pooka, and stealing my bike.

Slops

To Jerel for not showing up, and stealing my bike and my tender crisp bacon cheddar ranch.

To Jake, Don't worry dude, I'm sure you'll think of a good insult that you can throw at me some day.

- Matt Dunford.

Dunford stole my bike.

GJ anyway. A lot of us are going to be counting on grinders.

The first match was against me. I was using spining tail t-tar. I thoght that 140 damagage was 150 but i miscalculated, o well. :nonono: see you guys at the grinder.

Back