Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Requesting a bit of information...

Okay, I've played Magic: The Gathering for about a year now, and I've found Magic Workstation to be an invaluable tool for cataloging my cards and testing decks in online play.

I was wondering if the Pokemon TCG has any equivalent resources. If you can think of something that works well, please link me.

I've downloaded Red Shark already, but I'm mildly dissatisfied with it because it doesn't provide any description of what Trainers do, so when I stumble across one I'm not familiar with (and there are many; I just started playing with Rising Rivals), I can't find out the effect.

Redshark is right now the best we got, I'm afraid. There are other programs in the pipelines but its hard to keep track of 'em.

You could download the Pokemon patch for Apprentice, too, since it might be easier for you to use since you're coming from MTG.

Hm, that's odd. I don't have access to RS right now, but I was pretty certain that RS gave descriptions of every card by hovering over it.

As someone else suggested, you could also try the Pokemon patch for Apprentice.

Good luck!

Hm, that's odd. I don't have access to RS right now, but I was pretty certain that RS gave descriptions of every card by hovering over it.

As someone else suggested, you could also try the Pokemon patch for Apprentice.

Good luck!
It DOES provide descriptions, but only in deck building, not in duels.

You might want to change the wait time in the advanced options. Its set to 800 milliseconds of hover, but I play with 400 or less, so I don't have to wait inordinate amounts of time when checking many cards on the field.

I found a program called Lackey that has a Pokemon version that is up to date to RR (although there seems to be the odd card missing). I haven't tried it over the internet but it is amazing for Solitaire and Play-testing.

http://www.lackeyccg.com/

Once you download and install the program you go to preferences - Look where it says Plug in info select plug in. Click on the dialog box to the right and find Pokemon - select it and then select High for image quality and size - then hit Update from URL.

Once the files have loaded - on the same screen - go to Current Plug in - browse and select Pokemon.

If you want to download all of the card images right away then hit - Download all missing card images - it will download all the card sets. Only want the cards you are going to use - don't do that, it will automatically load them when you make a deck.

Go now to the Deck Editor tab and make a deck. You can drop and drag the cards or double-click to add them to the deck.

When you have made and saved two decks, hit the Load to You button to load the first deck. The go to the Solitaire Game window and click on the bottom avatar - that will switch you over to the other deck - then go back to the Deck Editor, open the second deck and hit Load to You.

You can play a game of Solitaire by switching between the two avatars. Play around with the tabs and menus and with right clicking and you will find an amazing number of thing you can do.

Hope this helps.

I recommend Lackey, personally. No messing around with Hamachi, plus you play with the actual card images and not textual representations. The only problem is that there are very few players online at any given time, though I've contemplated trying to stir up some participation here and on other forums.

hueglin - I know the guy who makes the Pokémon patches for Lackey, so what cards did you notice missing? It's easily fixed.

I recommend Lackey, personally. No messing around with Hamachi, plus you play with the actual card images and not textual representations. The only problem is that there are very few players online at any given time, though I've contemplated trying to stir up some participation here and on other forums.

hueglin - I know the guy who makes the Pokémon patches for Lackey, so what cards did you notice missing? It's easily fixed.

These are the two that I have not been able to find:
Team Galactic's Invention TM G-107 Damage Porter,
Team Galactic's Invention G-109 SP Radar

Tell your friend thanks for all his work - the patch is excellent! I love being able to see the actual cards.

These are the two that I have not been able to find:
Team Galactic's Invention TM G-107 Damage Porter,
Team Galactic's Invention G-109 SP Radar

Tell your friend thanks for all his work - the patch is excellent! I love being able to see the actual cards.

The word has been passed on. :) Knowing him it'll be updated as soon as he sees my message.

Edit: OH, type in "TGI". They appear then. :S There are a few naming inconsistencies with the new sets because someone else did them, but they'll be fixed later on.

Last edited:
The word has been passed on. :) Knowing him it'll be updated as soon as he sees my message.

Edit: OH, type in "TGI". They appear then. :S There are a few naming inconsistencies with the new sets because someone else did them, but they'll be fixed later on.

Thanks for the quick update!

Check out sixprizes 's Pokemon TCG League!

Last edited:
Back