Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rescue Energy vs. Remove Lost

waterfox17

If my pokemon has a Rescue Energy attached, and my opponent uses Dialga Lv. X's "Remove Lost" and knocks out my Pokemon with the 80 damage, does the knockout happen first to return my pokemon to my hand, or does he flip a coin to remove my rescue energy as a condition of the attack, preventing me from getting back my pokemon?

In addition, does he choose the energy to be discarded, or do I choose?

The player that used remove "Lost would flip" flipped heads and chose to remove the rescue energy then it would go to the lost zone and the pokemon would go to the discard. If he flipped no heads then the rescue energy would still be there and the pokemon would go back to your hand and all other cards would go to your discard pile

basic order of events (to my understanding)

1. you attach the rescue (duh)
2. dialga g player hits head on remove lost, and does enough damage to KO you, and chooses to remove the rescue energy, finishing any effects of remove lost.
3. dialga G players turn ends, KOes are checked for, and the rescue energy is no longer there, so the pokemon is discarded and not returned to hand, and any other in-between-turns effects are taken care of (special conditions, pokebodies, etc.)

Back