Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Reshiboar Deck Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevilninja

Since I seem to be having quite a lot of trouble trying to put together a Lost Zone deck(not to mention how expensive it is!) I've decided to try and build a somewhat less expensive possibly easier to build Reshiboar deck as well.

Pokemon 22:
3 Reshiram BW
3-2-3 Emboar BW(2 with ability 1 w/o)
2-1-2 Typhlosion Prime
2 Cleffa Eek
2-2 Nintales HS/CL

T/S/S 23:
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Professor Juniper
2 PETM
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Flower Shop Lady
3 Junk Arm
3 Energy Retrieval
2 Pluspower

Energies 15:

15 Fire

So Reshiram is the main attacker with Outrage and Blue Flare just being powerful attacks. Emboar is to attach fire energies to my pokemon and the one without the ability has a pretty strong attack. Cleffa is in case I don't get a Reshiram first turn and to refresh my hand in case I get a bad one. Typhlosion can pull back energies from the discard pile which makes it easier to have more energies on Reshiram. (Plus the ability just powers up Reshiram's Outrage as well as giving it energies)

Last edited:
IMO it's not roast reveal make you discard important fire energies with two pokemon doing that you'd burn though a deck's energies in no time.......

@cheezytacos: If you're talking about the HS/CL one I don't really think it's worth it; like psychicpokemon says it's only a waste of energy. Plus it's attack really isn't all that good. If you're talking about the UL one...well that one I think is pretty good but I have Energy Retrieval though Heat Acceleration is nice...Also I like Typhlosion Prime's ability better because it pulls back energy cards AND helps set Reshiram up for a powerful Outrage.

Since I seem to be having quite a lot of trouble trying to put together a Lost Zone deck(not to mention how expensive it is!) I've decided to try and build a somewhat less expensive possibly easier to build Reshiboar deck as well.

Pokemon 20:
3 Reshiram BW
3-1-3 Typhlosion Prime
2 Cleffa Eek

T/S/S 23:
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Interviewer's Question
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 PONT
2 PETM
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Flower Shop Lady
2 Junk Arm
3 Energy Retrieval

Energies 17:

15 Fire
2 DCE

So Reshiram is the main attacker with Outrage and Blue Flare just being powerful attacks. Emboar is to attach fire energies to my pokemon and the one without the ability has a pretty strong attack. Cleffa is in case I don't get a Reshiram first turn and to refresh my hand in case I get a bad one. Typhlosion can pull back energies from the discard pile which makes it easier to have more energies on Reshiram. (Plus the ability just powers up Reshiram's Outrage as well as giving it energies)

Alright so here is the deal, since you refuse to run ninetales you need to find a way to fit in more shuffle or straight draw I.E. supporters like Pont, Judge, Engineers, Team Rocket's trickery, so on so forth. My suggestion would be drop the interviewers tech in 2 communication. Maxing out communication will allow you to keep yourself going, drop 1 elms for a junk arm. Drop the two DCE for something like copycat. Drop a 1-0-1 Typhlo and add 1 cleffa and 1 collector. Actually you can keep the interveiwers drop the reversals, that should speed you up a little bit more.

Well first off, I want to know which Nintales everyone is talking about. Is it UL or HS/CL? Because I think I might add a 1-1 or something line of Nintales if I knew which one to run......

But without Nintales, you're saying my deck should look something like this?

Pokemon 19:
3 Reshiram BW
2-1-2 Typhlosion Prime
3 Cleffa Eek

T/S/S 26:
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Interviewer's Question
2 PONT
2 PETM
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Flower Shop Lady
2 Junk Arm
3 Energy Retrieval
2 Copycat

Energies 15:

15 Fire

sounds alright.....but are 15 energies enough?

Everyone is talking about HS/CL Ninetales for roast reveal. Imo, ninetales is amazing for draw power, and you can afterburner the discarded energy to power an attack.
Posted with Mobile style...

- 3-1-3 Typhlosion (completely unnecessary if you have junk arms and energy retrieval, it also makes reshiram KO able by zekrom or another reshiram)
- 2 PETM (not needed)
- 2 Interviewer's Questions (not needed with ninetales)
- 2 DCE (unneeded, you should hardly ever use badboar and it will take up valuable space)
- 2 PONT
- 2 Rare Candy (you only need to do this if you go with my advice and get rid of the typhlosion line)
- 2 Fire (you only need about 13 if you play ninetales and energy retrievals w/ junk arm)
+ 1 Cleffa (needed in case one is prized, try to stall for as long as you can while you boost Reshiram and get an Emboar out)
+ 3 Pluspower
+ 1 Pokemon Collector
+ 3 Professor Juniper (really really speeds up the deck, you WANT to have a healthy discard pile to feed off of with junk arm and energy retrievals)
+ 2 Pokemon Reversal (if you are playing reversal you should have 4)
+ 1 Switch (if you get an emboar reversalled up)
+ 2 Pokemon Communication (a staple in all decks)
+ 2 Junk Arm (another staple, especially in ReshiBoar)
+ 2-2 Ninetales (roast reveal, it is from HGSS and CoL, I consider it a staple in ReshiBoar decks)

Again, try your hardest to put a very good amount of energy and trainers from your hand into your discard with juniper so you can energy retrieval and junk arm them back up when you need them. It is almost literally impossible to be more consistent then that.

Hope I helped.

i don't really like the idea of typhlosion in the deck WITH an emboar in it. i prefer the emboar version, due to the fact that 1 afterburner from typhlosion leaves you open for a ohko by zek, or any water that can do 60 dmg.

@SMP88: But I am discarding energies. Reshiram's Blue Flare makes you discard 2 fire energies attached to it every time you use the attack.

@NOM!: Oh, ok, so you're saying running a Roast Reveal Nintales with Typhlosion would work well? Ok, I see.

@alexmf2: As far as the Typlosions go, don't I want as many pokemon/trainers/supporters that can bring back energies as possible because of Reshiram's Blue Flare? Also, 1 damage counter really isn't a lot considering the HP Reshiram has and while it does make it more susceptible to Zekrom and other Reshiram it also powers up Outrage in case I'm stuck using that.
For the PETM I was thinking that I had 10 pokemon I could call up with it; that's half my pokemon right there.
The IQ though actually does sound like I could get rid of it....if I run Nintales, Typhlosion, Energy Retrieval AND FSL.
The 2 DCE I understand; But I don't really get the PONT. Is that because I'm running a lot of Cleffa?
And I guess I could take 2 fire out.....but I really thought that you should always have at least 15 energies....
Didn't think of adding Pluspower; really is a good idea though.
And with the Prof. Juniper....I guess I do want a healthy discard pile...but isn't 3 a little much? That would be a total of 21 cards I would send to the discard pile if I used them all...I don't think I could retrieve that many cards back...
Everything else sounds good....I'll have to re-review and revise my deck a bit I think.

@cheezytacos: Like I keep saying though, it powers up Outrage. I know it is a little risky b/c I'm taking damage but honestly Zekrom's Bolt Strike gives it damage and it just then Outrages it's way to victory. So why wouldn't that work for Reshiram?

The only way you're going to be able to use Blue Flare is to attach energies quickly. In order to do that you need to draw energies. Right now you have no way to draw extra cards. The only way to even refresh your hand without attacking is PONT. IQ isn't great because you waste your supporter for the turn when you could be using one of the other ones.

@cheezytacos: Like I keep saying though, it powers up Outrage. I know it is a little risky b/c I'm taking damage but honestly Zekrom's Bolt Strike gives it damage and it just then Outrages it's way to victory. So why wouldn't that work for Reshiram?

The reason it works for zekrom and not for reshiram is one: zekrom is a different deck entirely and has more focus on outrage and how to use it better, and two: Since you only add one damage counter the only thing that happens is that it becomes KO able by reshiram and zekrom. Trust me on this, scrap the typhlosion line.

Ninetails, at least a 2-2 line.

Take out the non ability Emboar, 2 IQ and both DCE

Add in another Pokemon Comm. too

@alexmf2: As far as the Typlosions go, don't I want as many pokemon/trainers/supporters that can bring back energies as possible because of Reshiram's Blue Flare? Also, 1 damage counter really isn't a lot considering the HP Reshiram has and while it does make it more susceptible to Zekrom and other Reshiram it also powers up Outrage in case I'm stuck using that.
No, you want a good amount of cards that bring energy back. You dont want to overdue it. The only cards that get energy back in my deck is 3 energy retrieval and 1 fisherman, and only have 2 if less energy in my discard at the end of the game. 1 Damage counter is a considerable amount if it makes it so the opponent can KO you in one round rather than two. Having a 20+10 attack isn't what you should be using in the first place.

For the PETM I was thinking that I had 10 pokemon I could call up with it; that's half my pokemon right there.

PETM isnt necessary to take out, but I thought it was one of the less needed cards. If you can think of something better to take out, i'm fine with it.

The IQ though actually does sound like I could get rid of it....if I run Nintales, Typhlosion, Energy Retrieval AND FSL.

I'm sorry, but what is FSL? Also, you only need half of those things to get rid of IQ

The 2 DCE I understand; But I don't really get the PONT. Is that because I'm running a lot of Cleffa?
And I guess I could take 2 fire out.....but I really thought that you should always have at least 15 energies....

The PONT is plainly unneeded if you run the juniper, which you should.

Didn't think of adding Pluspower; really is a good idea though.
And with the Prof. Juniper....I guess I do want a healthy discard pile...but isn't 3 a little much? That would be a total of 21 cards I would send to the discard pile if I used them all...I don't think I could retrieve that many cards back...

4 is actually the better amount of juniper. I would add a 4th to mine if I knew what to take out. There would be a total of 21 cards in your discard pile, that is correct. I actually think you could retrieve that many cards back, as I have done it many, many times. The point isn't to retrieve them all back, it is so you can have them whenever you need them. Try to always keep at least 1 Energy Retrieval in the discard pile to junk arm back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back