Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on ReshiPhlosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPrimalHoundoom

Okay, I have little money and no clue how to run ReshiPhlosion. So, I hope you understand why I made this thread.:biggrin:

Pokemon: 20
4-2-4 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales
4 Reshiram BW
2 Cleffa

T/S/S: 28
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Sage's Training
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Professor Elm's Training Method
1 Potion
1 Revive

Energy: 12
10 Fire
2 Rescue

Strategy: [DEL]Win 1st place Victory Cups![/DEL] Get a Cleffa start and retreat to Reshiram when ready, preferably sooner rather than later. Accel energy on to Reshiram while attacking for 120. Expect many Reshiram to die! Reuse energy a lot. And... have fun doing it!

Last edited:
-1-1 houndoom Prime, -1 Cleffa, -2 Elm's, -2 Switch. -1 Potion.

+2 Rare Candy, +1-1-1 Typhlosion Prime, +1 Fire Energy, +1-1 Ninetales.

I found 13 energies (11 Fire, 2 Rescue) to be the best way to play it. Ninetales is needed if you aren't using Engineer's, IMO.

4-2-3 or 4 is the way to runt he typhlo line, ditch houndoom line (Typlho is your best bet against Gothitelle.) and try and make it consistant. Candy/Catcher/Collector/Communication ar eyour main cards. From there, add in good supporter draw (Cheren, Juniper, Sage), good shuffle draw (Copycat, PONT, Judge) and Junk Arm, Revive, Switch as needed.

Honestly, instead of Houndoom, I'd play Venemoth from TM. It guarantees that you get the OHKO instead of worrying about a flip. But, you can sadly end up burning yourself.
So, if Gothitelle is very big in your area, i'd play a possible 2-2 or 3-3 line.

Honestly, instead of Houndoom, I'd play Venemoth from TM. It guarantees that you get the OHKO instead of worrying about a flip.

No it doesn't. You still have to hit heads to poison your opponents Pokémon. Unfortunately there is no consistent or easy way to get 10 extra damage on Gothitelle, but unless you are able to get out a Kingdra prime consistently I would say Magby is the best Gothitelle counter.

My bad, i mean't it's more reliable then Houndoom. Houndoom requires you to hit a heads, and them to hit a tails. Venemoth only requires a heads.

So why exactly is reshiphlosion better than reshiboar?
And ive seen some builds run no nintales at all. Im kinda new
And very lost. Fear and loathing in pokegym :/
Posted with Mobile style...

So why exactly is reshiphlosion better than reshiboar?
And ive seen some builds run no nintales at all. Im kinda new
And very lost. Fear and loathing in pokegym :/

emboars retreat being 4 and typhlosions being 2 is easier to retreat from if you get catcher'd. also typhlosion and ninetails just play better together imo.

Pokemon: 19
3-2-3 Typhlosion Prime
2-2 Ninetales
4 Reshiram BW
1-0-1 Kingdra Prime
1 Cleffa

T/S/S: 28
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Sage's Training
3 Rare Candy
1 Switch
3 Plus Power

Energy: 13
11 Fire
2 Rescue

Try this maybe?

First of all, these are the most glaring drops/adds you need based your list on the first post:

-1 Cleffa
-1 Revive
-1 Switch
-2 Elm's
-1 Potion
+1 Junk Arm
+1 Fire Energy
+1 Sage's
+1 Juniper
+2 PlusPower

...Now, as for the 2-2 ninetales line and the use of cleffa, those are definitely down to player preference. I personally prefer no cleffa and 1-1 ninetales or less. What would you add instead? Most likely more draw support and/or a reuniclus lock tech. I'll share my current list with you, if it helps at all.

4-2-4 Typhlosion Prime
4 Reshiram
1-1 Ninetales OR 1-1 SEL

16 Pokemon

3 PONT
4 Sage’s Training
3 Juniper
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Plus Power
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Junk Arm
1 Switch

31 T/S/S

11 Basic Fire
2 Rescue Energy

13 Energy

I play the ninetales when i feel there's going to be little to no matchups against Ross.dek or Gothitelle. Otherwise, I play the Suicune-Entei Legend as a counter to a Reuniclus-locked Donphan or SEL in Ross and burn-inducing tech for the Gothitelle matchup. With a 2-2 ninetales, you should be able to get away with 6-8 draw support, but with a 1-1 line you should go with 9-10 draw support and definitely 10 if you play no ninetales. The most common play I saw throughout battle roads was the 1-1 or no ninetales build.

I like it. Here's a few changes.

-1 potion

+1 revive

I would say revives are more important here because healing 20 damage is still probably going to make your Reshiram go down in 2 hits (if he even makes it that far) with most of the good attackers you will be facing with this deck.

4 seems to clunky...a 3-2-3 line would be good yeah? With a 1-1 nine tales maybe?...2 stantler for quick set ups? Idk dude lol!

Stantler is a waste, just max collector. 4 cyndaquil is a must because the deck needs 2 in play. If 1 is prized and 1 is catcher'd or 2 are either, it's game over. Since your playing a 4th cyndaquil, you may as well add a 4th typhlosion.

emboars retreat being 4 and typhlosions being 2 is easier to retreat from if you get catcher'd. also typhlosion and ninetails just play better together imo.

Typhlosion was actually a better play before catcher came out for numerous reasons. All catcher did was all bit kill off Emboar, it didn't change which was the better play. I actually think ninetails plays better with Emboar. While the synergy seems apparent in Typhlosion builds, typhlosion builds can play no ninetails and still dump energy just fine with Juniper and Sage while having great drawing and awesome synergy with Junk Arm. Since Emboar doesn't rely on energy in the discard, that same draw engine doesn't work as well. Also, one of the best strategies for Emboar is to dump energy in the discard, then just use energy recovery, such as Energy retrieval and Fisherman.

---------- Post added 10/24/2011 at 09:58 PM ----------

Stantler is a waste, just max collector. 4 cyndaquil is a must because the deck needs 2 in play. If 1 is prized and 1 is catcher'd or 2 are either, it's game over. Since your playing a 4th cyndaquil, you may as well add a 4th typhlosion.

^^
All very true. But, also, don't forget, if you get 4 Typhlosions in play in 1 game, its just about impossible to lose. Think of it this way, if you lose a Cyndaquil before it evolves, then get two Typhlosions in play, you can work on getting the 4th Cyndaquil evolved while waiting for one of the others to get KO'ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back