4 Sage's Training
4 Catcher
3 Pluspower
2 Switch
4 Junk Arm
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Rare Candy

Try to get a Reshiram or two out on the fiield, along with a Typhlosion Prime (or two or three to set up benched pokemon). Ninetales is for draw power.

Last edited:
I have flower shop lady instead, because I only run 10 other supporters, 4 of which (the collectors) i only need 1 or 2 of per game.

No Revive is better trust me. Why would you want to throw Pokemon back in the deck and not be able to collector for them the same turn? Also, drop the Rescues for more fire if you're going to keep Ninetales. I feel like Ninetales is still good enough to stay in the deck - even in a Catcher format. Any good player you play against will ignore the Ninetales. Typhlosion is much, much, much more threatening as the deck falls apart without it.

Another 1-of card I like in the deck is Energy Retrieval. It has so many uses - getting fires for roasting, manually attaching, junk arm fodder, etc.

Interviewer's Questions is not a priority card. There's other cards that need to be in the deck more, such as Switch, a 3rd PlusPower and Pokegear.

I'd also be wanting to run more around 7 draw supporters - both Sage's Training and Professor Juniper work well in here. If you can't get Ninetales up or you're against a mediocre player, it's good to have more than 4 draw cards.

Thanks for the help! You said a lot of stuff I should add, but what should I take out, and are you sure I should keep ninetales?

-2 Interviewer's Questions
-1 Flower Shop Lady
+1 Energy Retrieval
+1 Revive
+1 Switch (or should it be something else?)

---------- Post added 08/18/2011 at 10:14 PM ----------

Wait, I just realized that revive put a basic onto your bench from the discard, not a pokemon into your hand from the discard as I thought. Isnt the whole point of FSL to get any Typhs back that happen to get knocked out?

Last edited:
Yes well that's why you run 4-2-4 with Revive. You could cut it down to 3-2-3 and then put FSL back in but that's not advisable because it cuts on consistency. Think about it this way - you want 2 Typhlosions out at once and you can survive on one for the last couple prizes if you played carefully. Typhlosion is a hard kill, especially with Switch. So if they actually kill 3 Typhlosion before Reshiram takes 6 prizes you probably lost anyway. Running FSL in this deck is like running Grass Energy in Yanmega; you're trying to win games you've undeniably lost.

Switch will be needed with Catcher; it's way too easy to pressure attachments and make it so you can't Blue Flare every turn otherwise.

As far as Ninetales, like I said before, if they can remove enough Typhlosions from play then they are in a much better position than if they remove the Ninetales from play. Because once the deck has 2 Typhlosions out it's self-sufficient. For this reason, a well-tested Stage 1 or MegaJudge player will be taking your Typhlosions and occasionally Reshirams out - not Ninetales. That's why you always T1 Collector for 2 Cyndaquil and a Vulpix and not the other way around because it's that much more valuable.

I would honestly go:

-1 Reshiram (you have Junk Arm and Revive. You don't need four with that)
-2 Rescue Energy (You need to make room and these are the best place to look for that)

+1 Fire Energy (just up the probability to hit one)
+2 Draw/Hand Refresh supporters. This could be Bianca, Cheren, Judge, Engineer's, Sage's

On the topic of Ninetales: If I were playing against this list, heck yeah I would take out the Ninetales first if you hit it on turn 2. You only have 4 draw/refresh supporters. If you lose these Ninetales with so few other draw options, you are a sitting duck relying on lucky top decks. That is not a position you want to be in. You really need to add a couple of those consistency boosting draw supporters.

I would honestly go:

-1 Reshiram (you have Junk Arm and Revive. You don't need four with that)
-2 Rescue Energy (You need to make room and these are the best place to look for that)

+1 Fire Energy (just up the probability to hit one)
+2 Draw/Hand Refresh supporters. This could be Bianca, Cheren, Judge, Engineer's, Sage's

On the topic of Ninetales: If I were playing against this list, heck yeah I would take out the Ninetales first if you hit it on turn 2. You only have 4 draw/refresh supporters. If you lose these Ninetales with so few other draw options, you are a sitting duck relying on lucky top decks. That is not a position you want to be in. You really need to add a couple of those consistency boosting draw supporters.

no dude 4 reshiram. you want to start with reshiram. but honestly i would cut zekrom who plays samourotte?

Well if I were playing against this list and knew it, heck yeah I'd take out the Ninetales too lol. But I'd have no idea about the lacking draw support going into the game. He's right though you need more draw supporters. Also agreed on dropping the rescues. I feel like I'm getting deja vu lol.

As far as the 4th Reshiram though, it's really nice to have the 4th in the mirror. Without Twins, Revive isn't searchable. So you might run out of Reshirams before you hit the Revive, whereas you could Collector into the 4th. You're in a bad position in mirror if you run out of Reshirams. I just feel like a 4th Reshiram is more important than another fire energy. I think 12 fire with 1 retrieval is the perfect number in this deck.

As far as what to drop/add right now, I'd try this:
-2 Rescue
-1 Catcher
-1 Junk Arm

+1 Fire
+2 Professor Juniper
+1 PlusPower

EDIT- Ninja'd yet again =X

A few decks play Samurott just as a tech. Untitled, I dont really want to take out a junk arm, because junk arm can be pluspower and so much more all at the same time. And trust me when Im keeping 3 Catcher, it brings disruption to a whole new level.

-2 Rescue
-1 Energy Retrieval
+1 Fire
+2 Professor Juniper

---------- Post added 08/19/2011 at 07:34 AM ----------

Wait, but now I have no possible way to get typhs back. I feel like I'm heading in the wrong direction.

-2 Fire Energy
-1 Revive
+1 Flower Shop Lady
+2 Rescue Energy

Should I take out Zekrom? Idk how many decks tech Samurott all I know is that its out there.

Nooooooooo! Gosh the list that won worlds ran a 3-1-2 Emboar and nothing more than Rescue for recovery. In this deck, Rescue would work and that's actually how I run it. With Rescue in here you still need 12 Fire though. But FSL is a flat out bad card - like Interviewer's, it's not priority. If they kill 3 Typhlosions in a game and you can't survive on what's left on the board, you lose. Period. It doesn't matter if you get them back or not. Because it will probably be three turns (1 for FSL, 1 for Collector, 1 for Rare Candy) before you get that Phlosion back out. If they kill 3 Typhlosion before you win, they already have 3 prizes. Those 3 turns are enough to take their remaining 3 (or 2 or 1). If they have a deck that doesn't take 3 prizes 3 turns, they are more than likely to be able to Catcher KO the Cyndaquil before it evolves anyway.

I think Zekrom is bad in this deck if you're sticking with 3 Catcher - if they run a heavy line you lose. Period. Zekrom or not. If they run a 1-0-1 or 2-1-2 line just Catcher the Oshawott.

My point with Junk Arm is that it can't act as a PlusPower until, well, you use a PlusPower. With only 2 in the deck, chances aren't great you hit one right away. This can really hurt in the Reshiboar matchup, a deck which will gain some steam post-catcher. Also, Magneboar will probably see more play. You need 3 PlusPower in here... at least.

Most TyRam lists ran 0-3 Reversal or Circulator. When you're hitting for 120 a turn you don't really need to disrupt a lot. The card really shines in the first couple turns - where this deck does not shine and then it shines in late-game to finish up. 2 in the deck would be more than enough; I'm tempted to say drop it down to 1.

So
-1 Junk Arm/Catcher
-1 FSL
-1 Zekrom

+2 Fire Energy
+1 PlusPower

Catcher wasnt out when that deck was played... Also, I would only use FSL for 1 typh, because even that one can make a difference if, for example, one is prized, buuuuut, I guess its kinda unneeded because Rescue Energy is better and I already run two of those. I still really like to have 3 catcher and 4 junk arm though.

-1 Zekrom
-1 Flower Shop Lady
+1 Pluspower
+1 Fire Energy

no dude 4 reshiram. you want to start with reshiram. but honestly i would cut zekrom who plays samourotte?

Look, Reshriam is NOT necessary for a starter. You can play down (with relative safety) a 60 hp Vulpix or 60 hp Cyndaquil. Then you can manually retreat after Collector to get the first Fire Energy in the discard. Then you can put Reshiram into the active to soak up damage. This is actually how I start most of my games. So, if he is going to keep Revive, you do not need four.

---------- Post added 08/19/2011 at 04:16 PM ----------

Well if I were playing against this list and knew it, heck yeah I'd take out the Ninetales too lol. But I'd have no idea about the lacking draw support going into the game. He's right though you need more draw supporters. Also agreed on dropping the rescues. I feel like I'm getting deja vu lol.

As far as the 4th Reshiram though, it's really nice to have the 4th in the mirror. Without Twins, Revive isn't searchable. So you might run out of Reshirams before you hit the Revive, whereas you could Collector into the 4th. You're in a bad position in mirror if you run out of Reshirams. I just feel like a 4th Reshiram is more important than another fire energy. I think 12 fire with 1 retrieval is the perfect number in this deck.

As far as what to drop/add right now, I'd try this:
-2 Rescue
-1 Catcher
-1 Junk Arm

+1 Fire
+2 Professor Juniper
+1 PlusPower

EDIT- Ninja'd yet again =X

Think outside the box for the mirror. This is where a 2-0-1 Samurott tech destroys opposing tyRams that do not have a Zekrom tech. There is more to win the mirror that just having four Reshiram.

---------- Post added 08/19/2011 at 04:17 PM ----------

-2 Fire Energy
-1 Revive
+1 Flower Shop Lady
+2 Rescue Energy

Should I take out Zekrom? Idk how many decks tech Samurott all I know is that its out there.

if you are playing a 4-2-4 Typho line I would drop FSL. Four Typho is more than enough.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if losing 3 spots for Samurott is justifiable. Samurott is virtually useless outside the mirror. Furthermore (assuming there's not DCE) you're relying on Typhlosion to charge Samurott. So you're looking at a virtual 140 HP then, and a double PlusPower drop is practically handed to a smart player using this. If you don't Ty, I'll Catcher it and get it damaged before it attacks me so I only lose 1 Reshiram to it.

You'd probably drop consistency for the last 2 spots. So if they setup before you in mirror they're already at a huge advantage. If Samurott was better outside of mirror, it would be more justifiable. I just don't think it's worth it as a mirror tech.

Yeah, I dont think making myself only have 3 attackers in the entire deck is a good plan. If one gets knocked out and one is prized, it just all would go downhill from there. Im going to have to agree with untitled about the samurott, it would make me have a much better chance against the mirror, but against anything else it would just slow me down.

Engineers Adjustment is a sick draw for reshiphlosion. Gets energy in discard for typhlosion. 4 of these could possibly replace ninetales...
Personally I prefer revive to rescue, but rescue would be better if Ross' deck gets a lot of play in your area

I think you have pretty much everything, though if it were me
- Ninetales
+ 4 engineers

Drop ninetales for sages, thins your deck out like a pro, also drop the rescue energy and switch for 2 revives and another catcher/fire energy
Posted with Mobile style...

Rescue is for typhlosion, with catcher it is going to be much needed. I'm going to test switching ninetales with engineer's/sage's at league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back