Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Resistance Gym with Dual Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Grass

Resistance Gym: Each Pokémon’s Resistance is reduced by 20. (If a Pokémon’s Resistance is –30, it becomes –10.)

I have a Kecleon in play with a Water and Fighting Energy attached (IE it's water/fighting type). Opponent has Rayquaza EX active (Resistance to water and fighting). The Resistance Gym is in Play. I flip two heads with Kecleon's attack to do 40. How much does that attack do in the end?

So basically what I'm asking is how do we apply the Resistace Gym? If we apply it to each resistance then the final resistance will be 20. If we apply it to the total resistance the final resistance will be 40. So which is it?

Very good question! Here's your answer:
== RESISTANCE GYM (Gym:Challenge)

Q. Resistance Gym says, "each Pokémon’s Resistance is reduced by 20 (if a Pokémon’s Resistance is -30, it becomes -10)." So what happens in the case where a Pokemon has more than one Resistance (i.e. Salamence is resistant to both Fire & Fighting) and the attacking Pokemon is of both types (i.e. Kecleon with both Fire & Fighting energy attached)? If we apply it to each one separately then the final Resistance will be 20 (30-20 times two); but if we apply it to both of them combined the final Resistance will be 40 (30+30 minus 20). So which is it?
A. In the case of dual-resistance, each one would be evaluated separately. So the Resistance Gym would reduce the final Resistance to 20 (30-20 times two), if both resistances are to be applied. (Feb 12, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Enjoy,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back