Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Resistance is Futile - My Nats Report

Shellshock929

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
On thursday, me and Espeonchris14 arrived in Columbus, OH at 10 something am and went into the Red Roof inn (Our Hotel for Thursday night only), then we headed to the Convention center to get our badges. We met up with everyone we usually talk to online, and we participated in the modified tourney for practice, where I went 5-1. I had a lot of fun the whole day. . I went to bed early for the Prof. Cup.

Friday. the prof. cup started. I went 3-4 the whole day. It was awesome nevertheless.

I was mostly hanging out with John and Steve Silvestro, the Malecs, the Reynolds, and the whole NC/TN Crew, BT, the rest of my new Team and Brent S.

Saturday: Nats Came. I used LBS but I wont post the list here. I was playtesting with Bobby M. (Penguin Master), and I told him that he is going to win the 11-14 nationals. After we handed in the decklists, we got ready for the pairings. 320+ people playing in the tourney for 15+. More than worlds 05. Here's how it all starts:

Round 1: John C. Rock Lock

I got a Castform start, but he had a Jirachi Start. I used Mentor to get my stuff out and then I ended my turn. He gets some basics out. I Stumped him to lock his bench, as well as mine. I powered up my Blastoise and Steelix to snipe the bench. Eventually, he wouldn't get anything out so I won.

1-0

Round 2: Ryah I forgot last name =/ Bangaris. Used LBS
AGAIN A CASTFORM START??? This time, it took me a while to get basics. I eventually got Pidgeot out. I was going to get Blastoise ready next turn, but she ko's my pidgeot before anything, and I realize that I am screwed.

1-1

Round 3: Forgot name. Used Arcanine
This happened after Lunch Break. We both got our setups. At First, she was KO'ing my weak pokemon just so I can get everything ready. I used Wartortle to attack the Arcanines to KO them in 2 turns. She later gets nothing while eventually, Steelix came out. She got the LunaRock combo to counter Pidgeot. Luckily, I top decked Space Center and Stopped her from locking my Pidgeot. Eventually, I KO'd the rest of her Pokemon for the win.

2-1

Round 4: vs. Dana L. Forgot Pokegym name. Used Sally Gross.
Too close to Remember, except for the fact that I won. If he would of had a Fire Energy to KO my active, I would of lost.

3-1

Round 5: vs. Drew G. TheDarkTwinx. Used LBS
Drew won the NJ GC a few weeks ago with the same deck, and he beat me in the 2nd NY GC to take me out of the undefeated spot. We got our setups, except he got his faster than mine. However, little did he knew, Both of his Blastoise ex were Prized. He was suprised about this, so I was relieved after I found out. After KO'ing 3 of his Pokemon, he conceded, knowing there was no way he would of won. Sorry Drew.

4-1

Round 6: Eric E. PokeWisconsin. Used SD
A really great guy to talk to, same with his bro. We got our setups, except for the fact that he does Multiple Zzzaps to me a lot. I made 1 misplay, which was to search for Swoop instead of a stadium. This costed me the game/

4-2

Round 7: K, that's all I know. She too used LBS.
She knows who I am because I am friends with ShadowZangoose, so we both played. I wont go into detail with this match, but this is my second close game all day. I won though.

5-2

Now I needed to win 2 more games to make it to Top 32 since my resistance is high.

Round 8: Matthew Y. (Trekiev)
I met him earlier, but I couldn't pronounce his Pokegym name. He's a cool guy and a great player. He kept getting heads on everything. I lucked out. No energys or Quick searching.

5-3

Round 9: Forgot who.
Don't really care much about this, but it's my 3rd close one.
5-4

Well I ended up in 75th place. The 2nd Highest 5-4 out of all 5-4's. I played in the Sunday tournament and went 3-1 since it was short. I won 9 packs.

Props:
Bobby Malec Winning Nats. DOES IT!!!
Steve Silvestro for winning his invite by T8'ing. DOES IT!!!
The Retarded Burger King Song.
Eric E. for coming 2nd.
Hanging out with my friends online.
The Reynolds Family, the Silvestros, the Malecs and the Millers for being awesome.
TPC: Cause hey, Pink is awesome like that.

Slops:
Not making T32.
My bro for not making T32.
The Shedinja Player.
Half of the 15+ dropped.
The Game Loss for the 10- player.

See y'all at Cali! I will play in the Grinder.

Last edited:
good job man, u had a great start but unfortunately it seems u caught some bad beats at the end :( It was cool meeting you. GL at the grinder

Why not show the list if you did badly on the day? I doubt people would netdeck you, moreso poss/ help you. =(

~fK

Hey Peter, it was nice seeing and talking to you again. Keep your spirits up and do your best at the grinder. See you in August!

Hitmonchan93: Great seeing you! GL in your future tournaments.
Ajay: Yeah, it happens. I will do my best at the grinder.
BT: You aren't forgotten. I will see you at worlds, definitely.
Freddy: I might as well post my actual list on the article.
Pablo: lol yeah, but it will get updated soon.
Adam: Great seeing you again. GL at worlds.
Tati: It was great seeing you and your family again. You guys are awesome! See you at worlds!
Timmy: Yeah, it was close. I hope I grind in.
Jeremy: Thanks and GL at worlds.
Kyle: Yeah, 7-4 is not too shabby at all. :p
Chris: GL at worlds.
Mikey: Thanks and GL at worlds.
Whicker: Well, the grinder wont be easy, but I'll get through it. See you at worlds.
Mike: Yeah, that happens all the time. GL at worlds.
Eddie: Thanks a lot.

ncpicachufan2000: Thanks Toni. It will be great meeting you at worlds!
Moss_Factor: Thanks Moss. I will see you at worlds!

Back