Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~ RI States ~ 3/3

PokeMeBob

RI State Championships

Date: 03/03/2007 RI

Place: Disposable Heroes, 1428 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI, 02919

Start Time: 11:00AM

Entry Fee: Free

Format: The tournament is run using the Modified Format and Swiss pairings. See the Tournament Rules for additional information about the Modified and Swiss formats. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance of the event.
After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single-elimination finals. The number of players to qualify for the finals will depend on the total attendance in each age bracket, with a maximum of 8 playing off in any one division. State Championship events have a K-Value of 36.

TJ’s Pokemon State Championships:
03/03/2007 RI Disposable Heroes, 1428 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI, 02919
03/04/2007 MA TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA, 01757
03/10/2007 NH Game Castle, 123 Nashua Rd., Londonderry, NH 03053
03/11/2007 CT The Grid, 687 Main Street, Manchester, CT, 06040

Last edited:
Mumsascrappa - We were there at CC's in RI. Where were you? We'll also be at the RI and NH so hope to meet you.

We live in southern NH. I did not play in CC. I am very new player and only play for fun at home and at our League in Londonderry NH. My husband and/or I attend CC with son but there to support, provide transportation, food, provide praise and encouragement and listen to disappointment when loss happens! My son is a Senior and has played over 2 years, but this is his first year of tournaments. We attended 4. My husband and I were sitting at the tables over near the store area in RI. We are hoping to attend all States, but that is weather permitting as we have to travel 2 hours for most we attend. NH is closest but still about 1 1/2 hours. Hope to say hello. I am pretty sure I know who you are....I'll look for you next time around. (I think either Bob or Brian told me you are from NY?? correct??)

You know wouldn't hurt you if you played too!!!! :thumb: Nice having whole families attending our events. Even nicer having whole families playing at our events!!!!

Funny it's supposed to be nice Saturday.... maybe you should head on down Friday night. Come to my League ;)

And the Providence Journal does it again!!

http://www.projo.com/lifebeat/content/wk-kids01_03-01-07_GU4GNBG.fa4cfb.html

Wow i wonder how many we'll get this time????

Found out that you can't see it unless you're a member so here's what it said:

Pokemon championship

[SIZE=-1]03/01/2007 01:00 AM EST

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
wk0301_pokemon_03-01-07_L64I0QS.jpg
The Rhode Island state Pokemon championship will be held Saturday at Disposable Heroes in Johnston. Here Elizabeth Simmerman takes part in the 2006-07 championship at Brandon City, Miss.

There are many, many Pokemon characters, but there’s only one Pokemon champion in Rhode Island. And that will be determined this weekend.

Competitors in three age divisions (born in 1996 or later; 1992 to 1995; and 1991 or earlier) will gather at 11 a.m. Saturday at Disposable Heroes, 1428 Hartford Ave., Johnston, and throw down their cards: Pikachu, Charmander, you name it.

The card game is based on a Japanese cartoon, where each card has a character that can evolve into another, stronger character, each with different powers and weaknesses. The winners in each division will receive a $300 travel allowance to compete in the national Pokemon championship in Columbus, Ohio, in July. There, the top four finishers in each division will receive airfare and lodging to compete in the world championship in Hawaii in August.

Registration is Saturday, 10 to 10:45 a.m. Participation is free. For more information, visit http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/ or call (508) 473-5874.

Last edited:
With that publicity....you might just fill the place!! Cool!!

It is messy, snowy, sleeting, freezing rain yuck here today, but supposed to clear out. We should be fine heading down in the morning. We're planning to head to Milford on Sunday also.

Yes it was!! 77 participants! Plus a reporter and photographer from the Providence Journal were there. So tired......

Back