Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Right into the RAICHU-ZONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OllieK

:lightning:Raichu-Zone:lightning:

Hi Everybody, *Hi Dr. Nick*

This deck is just a suggestion; I haven't actually built this deck or anything, merely a suggestion.

The List:

:lightning: The Pocket Monsters: 25

3x Magnezone Stormfront (SuperConnectivity 06/100)
1x Magnezone Stormfront (MagneticSearch 05/100)
2x Magneton Stormfront (42/100)
4x Magnemite Stormfront (67/100)

3x Pikachu Stormfront
3x Raichu HGSS
1x Raichu LV.X Stormfront

1x Nidoran F RR
1x Nidoqueen RR

1x Whismur SV
1x Exploud SV

1x Claydol GE
1x Baltoy GE

2x Unown G

:lightning: Energy: 12

12x Lightning Energy

:lightning: TSS: 23

4x Bebes Search
3x Roseannes Research
3x Conductive Quarry
2x Broken-Time Space
1x Luxury Ball
4x Rare Candy
2x Expert Belt
2x Copycat
1x Warp Point
1x Palmers Contribution

Strategy:

The main strategy is to use Raichu’s "Thunderbolt" attack to hit 90 damage with 2 Lightning energy with an all discard. However, with 2 Magnezone, you can bring back the 2 energy by the next turn (with the side effect of placing 2 Damage counters on Raichu), and with expert belt you are solidly striking 110 each turn. Whats best is that this card be achieved T2.

But wait, you still have to place 2 damage counters on Raichu, right?

Yes, but Nidoqueen removes 1 damage counter in between turns. You are likely to use Magnezone once in conjunction with an energy attachment, so the 1 damage will be removed by the end of your turn.

Hold on though, have you been living under a rock Olliek? Havent you noticed all the Donphan Prime hype? It can kill Raichu with 1 energy?!!??

Yes, but this is why I have teched 1-1 Exploud. Exploud removes all weakness, and with lots of search, you can easily get this immediately.

Any suggestions please comment.

PS: Criticism does not class as suggestions.

Last edited:
You run 3 Super Connectivity Magnezones, and a 3-3 Raichu line. I see an easy opening for Raichu Lv. X, as it works well with Super Connectivity and can snipe Claydols while dealing 100 damage in the same turn.
I would also run 4 Rare Candies instead of 3 for your Stage 2 lines.
Aside from that, I would recommend an Unown G as Gengar will pretty much snipe anything you have. Nidoqueen can do little to prevent that.

Iv'e updated the list a little, not too confident with the choice of thinning down the claydol line though :S

Thanks for commenting anyhoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back