Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rip Tide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everwind

Ok I call this deck "Rip Tide", because they happen fast and soon find yourself over your head quickly and at some point the tide turned and things are much different than you thought. Right now it is all theory and would like feedback on feasibility and changes to this proposed modified deck.

Budew x2.......starter to search for trainers
Helix Fossil x4 ..............(said trainer of interest)
Omanyte (MD) x4
Omastar (MD) x4 Primal Swirl is the tide turner I spoke of)

Riolu x4
Lucario x3-1 Fast attacks good spead damage.

Team Galactic Mars x4
Warp Point x2
Rare Candy x2
Prof Oaks V x4
Bebe's x4
Dusk Ball x2
Rival x2 ......I like this card, 3 cards for 1 seems like a good deal to me and card advantage is big in my book
Night Maint x2

8 Water
6 fighting
2 multi energy

Obviously strategy is try to jump out quickly and start plunking damage with Rilou/Lucario as soon as possible while building bench for strategic drop of Omastar. Weakened bench is ripe, TGM after the drop to try to get rid of key evolutions. Budew is only as a starter to get helix fossil with colorless attack that does just that. Girafrig is also an option that does same thing but costs 1 energy to do same thing but has 70 hp.

Last edited:
You should use TGW instead of TGM to guarantee you get rid of their evos after you Swirl. You might want to try Holon Fossil instead of Helix Fossil so you can guarantee a Budew or Riolu start. With that you might be able to squeeze in some Aerodactyl (without Old Amber) for more damage spread.

Also, are Prof Oaks V and Prof Oaks 2 different cards? If not you have 8 of them.

I want to stay away from some of the really old cards, I am intrigued by Aerodactyl but I don't see how I could fit it in without diluting the mix.

Thanks for pointing out that I duped Prof Oaks Visit.....

The wager is an interesting card that I am very leary of. I hate giving card advantage to my opponent, and even though I would screw up the evolution, line 6 different cards is a nice boost for anyone. I would have to see it in action for passing judgement. Currently I think I only have one anyway....

Psychic weakness, I don't see it working. For speed, look for Electrode, Banette. Lucario was
sweet 6 months ago... I dunno, just don't see it.

Lucario's problem isn't weakness...Gardy can't OHKO it without Pluspower. The problem is the low damage output and the fact that nothing's 2x weak to it.

Psychic weakness, I don't see it working. For speed, look for Electrode, Banette. Lucario was
sweet 6 months ago... I dunno, just don't see it.

I acknowledge there are lots of strong T2 attackers, but I am very interested on how disruptive Omastar really is. Lucario's big knock is he is not very strong against the big heavy weights. Well with Omastar many of the heavy weights will be taken out of the equation. The beauty is of someone relies heavily on rare candy to use stage 2s then it is even more disruptive, since recovery will be more difficult.

Obviously, Empoleon and Magmortar also pair well with Omastar because of all the spread damage that can become very lethal. I was just curious if this might work? One thing Lucario is is a very efficient attacker.

I was also impressed by the Omastar line, since once you get your Fossil in play, it should evolve pretty fast without a lot of help. I even debated if I really need budew or girfarig to search for the fossil trainer.

Anyway those are my thoughts, what are your constructive comments?

Frosslass????

Not understand the reference. I searched on Destiny Bond and only found Gastly......Is that what you meant?

I had to make some significant changes to the deck when I realized that there were only 6 basics. This is too few. Very good chance of a mulligan and easy t2 donk with no bench.

So the new deck goes something like this

Riolu x4
Lucario 3-1

Omastar 3-3-3
Relicanth x2
Girafarig x2

Bebe x4
T.G.M. x4 (no wagers)
Roseanne x3
Rare Candy x2
Rival x2 3 for 1 seems like a good deal to me....
Prof Oaks Visit
Premier Ball
Night Maint x2
Warp x2
Dusk Ball

Call E x2
Fighting x 9
Water x6

I am working with limited cards unfortunately and it is suprizing hard to get good cards like Roseanne's for a reasonable price....

Anyway ideal start would be Gira or Reli with a call energy, establish bench and begin attacking with Lucario as soon as possible. Trying to do bench damage focusing on key supporters with bench damage. Set up for timely Omastar drop.

I am not sure this deck will even work. I would love to get Aero into play but I just can't fit him and more fossils for a starter just make it to hard and chance of a muligan unless they could be considered a basic pokemon??? Can they be placed on the bench during the opening placement?

Comments welcome, going for a DP- on deck...

IMO i might add a switch a DP lucario for a LA one. The LA one looks like it could work well with the lv X and be a good backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back