Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rising Fist all cards leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
aside from the EXs I see several interesting poke

Magmortar - put it in emboar/blacksmith engine and Electivire and you can hit for 160! muscle band that and you can 1 hit ko anything but a mega
Blaziken - close in power to magmortar with a 150 snipe attack, sadly stage 2 poke and it discards 2 energy as part of the attack.

politoed/poliwrath - free or cheaper attack yes please, requires 2 stage 2 but they share evo line so saves on space.
Aurorus - water poke with water energy take 20 less dam could see some play as a bench sitter

Dedenne - call for family and a decent damage attack if they attach a lot of energy on the active and both attacks are colorless, this is an awesome tech card.

Hypno - this is a weird one make opponents use supporters on your turn but you pick its targets, main uses I see are junipering their hand away, Ning when they are ahead, skylaing for a useless trainer, lysandra up the pokemon you want, might be useable in a disruption deck or a mill deck.
Jynx - bench sitter that heals your active for 10, if you can use 4 you can heal for 40 a turn, could be a useable tech.
Gothitelle - always be in the stadium you want on your turn

Machamp - another increase by 20 to fighting type poke attack this time as an ability, attack is decent too
Landorus - almost universal energy accel from the discard, not quite as powerful as yveltal but I can get back any color basic energy
Hawlucha - EX counter ability is a mixed bag and would likely be best paired with garbotoxin, attack only works on ex but with strong energy, muscle band, and Fighting Stadium you can hit an ex turn 1 for 120

Klefki - bench sitter bigger resistance (mostly to dark) might see some use

Eevee - attach energy and evolve right away yes please, this makes leafeon counters very easy to tech in if you can put in grass

I'm very much looking forward to the English on Hypno, because I can't help but feel that they wouldn't let you search your opponent's deck.

I can see Landorus/Tyrantrum being a thing. Landorus being your starting basic, since Tyrunt is technically not a basic. I'd use the Caitlin Fossil combo with 2 or 3 Fossil Researcher. Landorus accels onto Bench Tyrunt then evolve the following turn and "Eat Up" your opponent's Pokemon. Landorus also sets up KOs by picking away with Power Cry. On paper it seems very feasible, but only time will tell. I certainly wanna try it :)

does anyone think the next set may be metal orientated, x & y 1 - 7 metal pokemon (8 if you count both versions of skarmory), flashfire - 2 metal pokemon, and from the leaked scans furious fists has no metal pokemon which saddens me a little :(

does anyone think the next set may be metal orientated, x & y 1 - 7 metal pokemon (8 if you count both versions of skarmory), flashfire - 2 metal pokemon, and from the leaked scans furious fists has no metal pokemon which saddens me a little :(

I noticed that as well. Metal Pokemon get no love. I would love to see a set dictated to bird Pokemon. It would make me happy.

I'm very much looking forward to the English on Hypno, because I can't help but feel that they wouldn't let you search your opponent's deck.

And why not? Because of butthurt people?

There's no other logical way of resolving a Hypno into Skyla or Fan Club.

it says on bulbapedia that the set after rising fist will be psychic oriented, BUT there will be a metal themed deck

ttp://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Phantom_Gate_(TCG)

lol wish Fossil researcher existed with Archeops.
Overall a really good set of supporters and energy cards.

Dragonite sounds like fun, it's like a surprise 120 damage since it can just be played and suddenly ready to attack that same turn lol

What do people think about Hawlucha-EX w/ Focus Sash in Fighting decks? It can help Lucario-EX hit the magic 180 damage with its Ability by walling with Focus Sash in the early game. Not to mention its attack is pretty good too; with Fighting Stadium, 1 Strong Energy, and a Muscle Band, Hawlucha's hitting for 160! Then a Retribution can finish it off if it was an 170-180 HP EX that was attacked.

Last edited:
i've been looking at a possible aurorus deck with carracosta (NV)(unfortunately out of format now, so this would be a hobby deck exclusively) that could block up to 150 damage per attack with 4 aurorus, carracostas ability and a hard charm

i've been looking at a possible aurorus deck with carracosta (NV)(unfortunately out of format now, so this would be a hobby deck exclusively) that could block up to 150 damage per attack with 4 aurorus, carracostas ability and a hard charm

You could play the deck in the BLW-on format next season.

Honestly though, I think Beartic PLS and M Blastoise-EX would be better partners with Aurorus (unfortunately the latter auto-loses to Genesect).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back