Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RoadRage - TRUK on TRUK action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime

Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host
I just LOVE to use the word TRUK in all my decks!!!111110101!

The List:
4 Absol SW
4 Chancey MT
4 Blissey MT
1 Sableye CG
TOTAL: 13 (9 Basics, 4 Evolutions)

4 Sp. Darkness Energy
4 Boost Energy
7 Darkness Energy
TOTAL: 15

3 Great Ball
4 Castaway
4 Celio's Network
1 Team Galaxy's Wager
2 Steven's Advice
2 Team Galaxy's Mars
3 TV Reporter
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Strength Charm
3 Plus Power
2 Night Maintenance
TOTAL: 32

The Strategy:
Get out Blissey and win! HA-HA-HA. No really, it's just another Blissey deck but with added disruption. Absol starts are great against mirror and really any other T2 deck out there. Super Scoop Up works great with Absol being able to keep doing 40 for 1 (50 with special dark) and with Blissey. Strength Charm or Plus Power the Absol to do maybe even more damage with it's second attack. But usually just mow the grass with Blissey.

RE Prime: I've actually been testing this exact same thing just today.

I think the one flaw in this list is that you neglect the full potential for the second attack on Absol. It's a great way to keep the damage flowing, even if you don't attack with Blissey. For that reason I think playing Dual Ball over Great is a safe play, and also for that reason I think four Pluspower is needed.

Another thing I've realized is that Mars is terrible in Blissey. I'd axe it immediately.

-3 Great Ball
-1 Castaway
-2 Mars
-1 Strength charm

+3 Dual Ball (have to've played Absol from your hand)
+1 Pluspower
+1 TV Reporter
+1 Copycat
+1 Team galactic's Wager

Other things that I'd KILL to make room for include:

-Two or even Three more energy cards.
-Cessation Crystal (absolutely amazing with this type of deck...haha I made a punny)

Things I'd "like":

-Umbreon*
-Regular switching

Blissey/Weavile looks great on paper. Get out Weavile, turn Blissey dark, and get added damage from special dark energy. But I feel it just doesn't work in play. Sneasel is pretty lousy, and Weavile relies on a Poke-Power to turn Blissey dark. Which means it can be shut down by the opponent's cessation crystal. Also, Blissey doesn't get any added benefit unless it has a special dark on it. Blissey can also not bring back special dark either. So the overall use for the special dark would be very limited and very hard to actually pull off on a consistent basis.

I tried Arcanine with Blissey. It was hard to setup another line when I had to focus so much time on Blissey and making sure there was another Blissey to send up when the first one got KO'd. Absol seemed like a decent idea to me. It was a basic, so there was little to no setup at all, it's first attack, which was super disruptive, could use any energy. It could benefit from SSU just as well as Blissey could, and I guess it just looked cool :p

I don't even have the Absol at the moment, so I was just posting the list to spread the idea. But I do want to test it as soon as possible. I tested Blissey Solo, and just recently Blissey/Arcanine. Now I want to test this.

Onto Patriarch...er Cyrus' changes,

I can understand why the use of Dual Ball over great ball. I just don't know if I'd rather rather play a flippy card and maybe not get any basic or play another supporter like Roseanne's Research or Mentor and maybe slow the play of the deck a little.

I see that you cut the strength charm so there was more chance to lay the cessation crystal. I had the same idea, and I was going to run like 2 strength charm, 3 cessation crystal, and then 4 plus power.

I don't get the energy issue. Nothing attacks in the deck for more than 1 energy (minus Chancey). Absol only needs 1 energy for both it's attacks, and Blissey can attack for just one energy. I normally run 16 energy in my decks and that is plenty for me with decks that require 2-3 energy on multiple pokemon. I feel the deck could get away with 15 energy, especially since it can bring back the basic dark from the discard.

Umbreon* was the easy idea. Everyone has thought of it. I like it's effect and I like how it could abuse SSU too, but I don't want to have so much of the deck rely on SSU. SSU's are flippy and I'd rather not run into the situation where I need to pick something up and cannot because I already used all my SSU's on Absol or Umbreon*. Also, I don't see Umbreon* being that useful in the build you suggested. Absol is a decent discarder early game, but after that, you probably will be attacking with it, so there won't be anything discarding cards from your opponent's hand. That is one reason why I wanted TG's Mars because even though it was below-average draw, it also disrupted the opponent's hand.

One apparent problem with the deck is it's weakness to fighting. Regardless of the blissey build I play, I find that fighting already just messes up the deck. I got took to town by a Machamp/Tyranitar deck at league yesterday. Not because his deck was superior, or that he got the best start. It was just weakness. And I even was able to get out Holon FF and Fire mid-late game to remove my weakness. What am I going to do with this deck? I can accept the loss to fighting decks, but I wonder with the abundance of Lucario and maybe even Gallade, will this deck be that playable when it comes to tournaments.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Happiny does nothing in most Blissey decks. Cessation Crystal is used, which blocks Blissey's power. Heck, Happiny can't even evolve in those instances. Happiny also can wind up your only pokemon (should you go first), and you can't play any trainers to fix this, while a Machop deck can lay down Lake Boundary + Strength Charm for the win.

...It's just bad. Bad. Bad. The idea of attaching energy, baby evolutioning then attaching Boost to use Chansey's second attack (double edge or something) seems like a weak idea, especially since this makes Chansey damage itself.

How come you dont use happiny?

I guess Prime is just not a Happiny person.

I already don't like this, because you're either disrupting their hand or attacking with blissey, but your trainers don't accomodate. It's just a shame you couldn't just use weavile instead of blissey, because an absol start would just defeat the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back