Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rock-lock for STL CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

togepikachu90

Hey there, everypeoples. I haven't been on in a while, so let's get to it. This is a basic Rock-lock deck for the Saint Louis City Championship. I need to thank some people in here for helping me, and you know who you are. So here we go:

Pokemon: 22
2 mareep
1 dark flaafy
2 dark amphy
3 larvatar
2 dark pupitar (explosive evolution)
3 dark ttar (2 sand, 1 spintail)
4 plusle
2 pidgey
1 pidgeotto
2 pidgeot

Energy: 13
4 lightning
4 dark
2 heal
2 dre
1 scramble

Trainers: 25
4 celio
3 copycat
2 steven
1 admin
3 swoops
4 atm rock
4 rare candy
3 desert ruins
1 retriever

Your energy is fine, but you need another gym so you can fight back against people who play 4 Battle Frontier. I'd drop the 3rd Swoop for a Rocket's Tricky Gym. The Rocket's Tricky Gym also lets you feint attack 30 HP things off the bench, like a certain FEEBLE BASS, and elminate those threats.

BigChuck01 said:
Your energy is fine, but you need another gym so you can fight back against people who play 4 Battle Frontier. I'd drop the 3rd Swoop for a Rocket's Tricky Gym. The Rocket's Tricky Gym also lets you feint attack 30 HP things off the bench, like a certain FEEBLE BASS, and elminate those threats.

Hey kid, why you post my list? :p

Chuck, I think the 3rd swoop makes this list much more consistant. BF is not played alot around here, and the chances of the feebas thing happening are extremely slim.

okay, but these things happen. you think you know your metagame, then some army from the mountains comes with these new decks and destroy every thing. (just typed it like how it happened in Fontana. the mountain was Big Bear.) but if they don't stand a MAJOR theat all on its own, just go with what you know.

zapdos ex said:
okay, but these things happen. you think you know your metagame, then some army from the mountains comes with these new decks and destroy every thing. (just typed it like how it happened in Fontana. the mountain was Big Bear.) but if they don't stand a MAJOR theat all on its own, just go with what you know.

I've played RL as long as anyone has. I've stopped using Tricky Gym ever since states ended. Not to say I haven't teched it, it's just that it's been practicly USELESS. DR is another story. Some fools ALWAYS play EX. And the 3rd swoop makes this deck just that much hotter. The 3rd DRE over the 4th lightning is stupid, because I want to have my 1st turn plusle + light nrg as high as possible, because EVERY good deck has a pokemon with powers in them, alot of the pokemon have powers in fact. Also, the DRE is a big turn off because, A it screws up spintail ttar if you needed to use it, B it screws up Plusle C and Amphy (90 dmg for 1 nrg discard? hell yeah!) and finally D pretty much every pokeymanz needs 1 nrg to do what it needs to do. It's true that ttar needs the DRE to do his 50+ attack, but having 2 dres on him ain't a smart idea. I've been toying with the idea of Briney versus Retriever, dunno tho...

Add in one more Scramble. And instead of using 4 Celio, play 3 Celio and 1-2 Rocket's Pokeball, which can be extremely useful in setting up. You also need a Briney and a Protective Orb.
Other than that, the list looks very solid.

Last edited:
noone puts two dres on him. -_-
and the spinning tail attack is only reduces to 10 only to the active, bench is still 20.

[edit] i looked at a database, and dre DOES affect bench attacks, i thought it was like strenght charm that only does extra to active.

Last edited:
CardRaider said:
Add in one more Scramble. And instead of using 4 Celio, play 3 Celio and 1-2 Rocket's Pokeball, which can be extremely useful in setting up. You also need a Briney and a Protective Orb.
Other than that, the list looks very solid.

I don't try to copycat chuck's list, I don't like it either. I go for consistancy versus tech. Rocket Ball sounds good, but not for an expense of a smaller chance of t2 pidgeot.

ok well these are all good suggestions, but im gonna stick with the first list for a while
rockets pokeball is good to get an amphy or ttar out early, but that could interfere with getting out pidgeot which can get u whatever you want

togepikachu90 said:
ok well these are all good suggestions, but im gonna stick with the first list for a while
rockets pokeball is good to get an amphy or ttar out early, but that could interfere with getting out pidgeot which can get u whatever you want

Good... the apprentice understands. :)

I've never played Rock Lock so you can probably just ignore this, but wouldn't Pidgeot be gotten out faster with 4 Jirachi over Plusle? And then you can play a Lanette to get everything out. Sorry if this is completely wrong...

Darth Malice said:
Wow, you are now officially banned from this thread.
hey, dunno if you can just kick people out of a thread, cause this isn't your thread anyway.:mad:
i mean, if the thread starter wanted to kick me out, i gladly go away. dunno if you can though.

note:if its in the rules, point it out for me.

zapdos ex said:
hey, dunno if you can just kick people out of a thread, cause this isn't your thread anyway.:mad:
i mean, if the thread starter wanted to kick me out, i gladly go away. dunno if you can though.

note:if its in the rules, point it out for me.

It was kinda sarcasic, but what you stated was completely idiotic so he does not need your help after you've proven yourself. Not to mention that IS my list... ;)

On the Jirachi-Lannet issue, that is only assuming if you go 2nd, and then you MUST waste some candies to get ur stuff out, and you don't play as much heal as the retro version, so rachi is not as benefital. Both are good builds, but I like this one better because positive spark is pretty good.

oh, like you never made a mistake because you upset about something else...and i check things out after, and i understood what i did wrong a half hour later. and some people don't use positive spark that much, since by the time poke powers come out, you already swooped him (unless its zapturndos) and 2 copycats are fine, 3 stevens would be nice though. (just giving more advice before i leave.)any way, rock lock has to be carful since a lot of decks can gain an advantage over it.IMO

note:why is it that everyone that i have issues with have that avatar? =/

zapdos ex said:
oh, like you never made a mistake because you upset about something else...and i check things out after, and i understood what i did wrong a half hour later. and some people don't use positive spark that much, since by the time poke powers come out, you already swooped him (unless its zapturndos) and 2 copycats are fine, 3 stevens would be nice though. (just giving more advice before i leave.)any way, rock lock has to be carful since a lot of decks can gain an advantage over it.IMO

note:why is it that everyone that i have issues with have that avatar? =/

'tis too bad the 'net does not show 'tone of voice'. I was thinking of switching the steven/copy, but it seems like hands are much bigger than benches these days. And this is true that positive spark is no where near as good as the SARs + Star combo back in the day, but this IS the 2nd best thing. For Lannet you gotta go 2nd and you gotta waste a supporter. And how are you gonna fit in 8 cards instead of 4? That's the difficulty I usually run into.

'Rachi-Lock (as I call it) definatelly shows promise, but I like Plusle more because of their attacks. Positive Spark is 1,000 times better than Metalic Blow. And who would play Metal Energy in this deck anyway?

Not to mention that you need to completely redo your trainers for 'Rachi-Lock, you need AT LEAST 3 Lanettes. What would you take out for those? The deck is already crammed full of necissary stuff.

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back