Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

.Rocket's Beatdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixxxpounder

.This deck overall does pretty well. I get second and forth or fifth every single time I play it, but I always happen to go against a deck that is my complete weakness, causing me to to not get first.
The obvious overall point is to immediately start hitting and knocking out the opponent's Pokemon, while generating fear for them to hit you back (Strikes Back and Darkness Switch).
I've only had two major problems with this deck. When going against Metagross EX and a Pidgeot, and against Dark Tyranitar fully loaded. I used to have trouble with Desert Ruins and Gardy EX but I made some adjustments and can usually defeat them easily now.

4x Dunsparce
2x Rocket's Hitmonchan ex
2x Rocket's Mewtwo ex
1x Rocket's Sneasel ex
1x Wynaut
2x Wobbufett

4x Strength Charm
4x Rocket's Hideout
3x Energy Switch
3x Switch
3x Proffessor Oak's Research
2x Steven's Advice
2x Ancient Techinal Machine (Rock)
1x Bill's Maintenance
1x Ancient Ruins

8x Fighting Energy
10x Psychic Energy
4x Darkness Energy
3x R Energy
1x Rainbow Energy

You have lots of extra space, I would try to put in pokemon reversle. Looks like a fun deck and I kind of want to try it, how does it do vs. blaz and dark draggy? It seems like it would not do enough damage.

wolf52525 said:
You have lots of extra space, I would try to put in pokemon reversle. Looks like a fun deck and I kind of want to try it, how does it do vs. blaz and dark draggy? It seems like it would not do enough damage.

.Well, as far as Blaziken decks go, it hasn't been a problem at all (it usually stomps them, in fact), but I faced a Dark Dragonite deck with the combination of Dark Tyranitar and Dark Electrode, and I was wiped out, and way too fast. However, I've gone against Dark Dragonite without the Electrode and Tyranitar combination, and stomped them as well.
Sneasel ex can deal out up to 160 damage, and the others hit decently fast enough, preventing most quick evolutions, so.

you should play a few mt. moon, that will stop draggy in its tracks. if you play 3 you will do better vs. it.

wolf52525 said:
you should play a few mt. moon, that will stop draggy in its tracks. if you play 3 you will do better vs. it.

.That's a good idea, but I don't think it's enough. Wouldn't that only be preventing Dragonair from evolving itself?

wolf52525 said:

that will stop the dark electrode's power but not the dragonite right? (i forget the card...). sounds a good deck but machamp wud easily take advantage with all those exs. and that wil become more popular with boost comin out again and a weakness gym to counter the wobby.

.I've actually faced a Machamp deck as well. It wasn't the greatest put together, but it was overall challenging. I still beat it, though. Hitmonchan doing 10 and 10 right away with a Strength Charm, and it's very likely to get a Darkness Energy with the draw cards, and that knocks out most basics the second to third turn, especially if they hit him back, obviously. And if they do evolve before I can knock them out, Wynaut evolves into Wobuffet and hits them with the ATM Rock to get a quick prize, and usually discard some of their energy.

I think Sparce is useful... Pretty much like a mini-challenge card... Great for Sneasel decks... Would it be ok if you add a Wiggly ex? Or it makes it slow?

Note: Sorry if I look deep into this forum... =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back