Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford, IL EX Unseen Forces Prerelease 8/14/2005 (Giving Away Cham EX)

yoshi1001

Where:
North Suburban Woman's Club
6320 North Second St.
Loves Park, IL 61111

When:
8/14/2005
11:30AM Registration
12:30 Tournament
(No Lunch Break)

Prizes:
10 boosters (UF) per player+
12 Boosters (6 UF, 6 EM) for 1st in each division
4 Boosters (2 UF, 2 EM) for 2nd-4th in each division

Door Prizes:
Boxtoppers from the opened boxes
1 Medicham EX

Cost: $18

As usual, if 40 players or more show up, I'll throw in a special secret door prize!

Special bonus: For each new* player you bring in who enters the tournament, I'll give you four UF packs (While supplies last).

*Meaning hasn't played in a previous TiY Premiere event (TRR pre, CC, Deoxys, and Emerald Prerelease) When you check in, have the new player with you, and you will get your packs at the end of the event.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that most likely the other area Prereleases will also be on this first weekend, with World's the second weekend, but hopefully we can all still have a great turnout!

Can a new player be someone who just started playing this year, but has never come to one of your events?

I think I'm going to attend this with my family. We'll see. Looks like fun, though!

~ RaNd0m

Yes, if you bring someone who has not played at one of TIYs Premiere Events, you will get 4 additional packs at the end. New players are welcome, just remember it's a Prerelease, so they'll have to be building their own decks from their packs. So c'mon and join us!

RaNd0m said:
Can a new player be someone who just started playing this year, but has never come to one of your events?

I think I'm going to attend this with my family. We'll see. Looks like fun, though!

~ RaNd0m

Sure-why do you think the bonus was created in the first place? :wink:

If any of you would like to preregister, feel free to PM me with your details and I'll be happy to add you to the list. I also have 2 side events after the main event scheduled as I wasn't sure which would be more popular. If one doesn't have enough players we can always cancel it, or if plenty, we'll run both! One is a regular modified (without Unseen Forces cards in the decks of course), and the other is a 2-on-2 format. (2 active Pokemon for each player)I thought that might be a fun one to have for a change of pace. The side events will only be $5.00 and we will, of course, have prizes. Hope to see many of you there, and like I said, feel free to PM me with your info if you want to Preregister or have questions about directions.

Derrick since you made so much selling your cards, then for sure you must have enough to come to TIY's Pre too, right? We're hoping a lot of people will come to ours after Brookfield's. :wink:

I was thinking more.... the greyhound station lol. I figured i could miss my scheduled bus once or twice for pokemon, I'm hitting the pre-release in st.louis, getting off my bus in chicago saturday night and spending sunday in chicago - figured why not hit the IL pokemom if i could find a ride there and back anyway. If not i'll wander around chicago for a day anyway...then to OH...then to MD...

New Berlin's prerelease is on Saturday. I'll talk to Rulemaster and PokeWisconsin and see what tournies they are going to so.... yeah.

Yoshi1001 said:
Special bonus: For each new* player you bring in who enters the tournament, I'll give you four packs.

What kind of packs are we talking about?

Last edited:
HypnosProjectHQ said:
New Berlin's prerelease is on Saturday. I'll talk to Rulemaster and PokeWisconsin and see what tournies they are going to so.... yeah.

What kind of packs are we talking about?

Unseen Forces.

Look for the Niles Pre to be on the same day, this was the only date possible, as pokemama said. Niles would be MUCH closer than rockford to chicago.

Last edited:
It'd be great if any of you who think you might be able to come would post for us... trying to get an idea of how many other than our TIYers might be coming.

Back