Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford Secret Wonders Prerelease Sun 11/4 - *Special Location!*

PokeMama

:biggrin: Are you ready for another fun time in Rockford? :biggrin:
I know we are!! Hope you can make it to this one, because it's gonna be a Blast!

Here are the first details, with much more posted shortly!

Secret Wonders Prerelease
Sunday Nov 4th

Come join us in the Rock-Con Midwest Gaming Convention for this special event!
(the normal entrance fee for Rock-Con has been waved for our players,
courtesy of TIY)

Located in the Wedgbury Indoor Sports Center
8800 E Riverside Loves Park, IL 61111 (just east of I90 on Riverside)

Be there at 11am - if you just like to be there in plenty of time or if you're new to the game and want to learn how to play...
be there early and we'll teach you!
The Main Event will begin at NOON.

The cost is $25, which includes the cards/decks you'll play in the tourney, a special Prerelease Promo Card, a set of exclusive design card sleeves that you can only receive at the Prerelease, PLUS bonus packs for everyone at the end! Over $35 worth of products, how cool is that?!! :thumb:

We will have both the Main Event as well as the Theme Deck Challenge to choose from, whichever you'd prefer.... build your own deck from the cards you receive in your booster packs, or play one of the Preconstructed Theme Decks.

The Main Event
- (for those of you who are more comfortable with making your own decks, and want to have more booster packs to work with)
This is where you build your own 40 card deck from the cards you receive in the 6 packs you are given at the start of the event (no trading until after the tourney), with basic energies provided on loan.

The Theme Deck Challenge - (for those of you who'd rather play a deck that's already made, rather than try to build one yourself)
This is where you get your choice of one of the brand new Preconstructed Theme Decks. In this tourney, you'll only play against each other players who also have chosen to play the Theme Decks.

As always, Hosted by our Favorite Card and Gaming store, Tomorrow Is Yesterday!! :thumb: (815) 633-0330
Feel free to PM me or Email me to Preregister!

I'll have complete details posted on our website, TIYPokemon.com shortly!

Last edited:
Sunday tournies are very difficult for me to make. Unless there's something in the area on Saturday (I'm talking about Chicago/Rockford here), I'm probably out for this one. And I SO want to see what kinds of records you'll break at a gaming convention.....

We were at Roc Con last year, (for Cloat - RIP). It is a mini-Origins like event. Right off the tollway.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can make it. Are there any saturday pre-releases???? :(

Doesn't look like there are any within decent driving distance of Chicago. Sad, too. If Pastimes had put their Pre on ANY Saturday, I'd've been up there in a HEARTBEAT. But, they put theirs on the same day as Jared's, so no dice...

Oh ya, good to mention that! They also call it ISC too. I've heard quite a few of the TIYers say "Oh, it's at ISC? Cool!" :thumb: Here's a Map link . It's super easy to get to! Also I might mention that the normal $8 entrance fee to RockCon will be waved for our Prerelease players, courtesy of Tomorrow Is Yesterday, and I've been told that our players will still be able to have access to the rest of RockCon, they won't be limited to only the area for our event. Which is pretty nice of TIY to arrange that for us. So if you want to look around after the event you may do so.

We'll have a nice comfortable area, and I believe they told me we can have 6 to a table (instead of 8) so we'll have plenty of room to build those decks! We have lots of fun things to give away as Door Prizes too... including a Pokemon Figure Game starter set, and an Empoleon Lv X, among other things.

And don't forget, since Halloween is mid week, if you want to come in costume, we'll have a special contest for those in costume too!

This is really going to be a fun event, and having it at RockCon will be a great change of pace from the Women's Club (hey, I don't think there are any 'No Dancing' rules at RockCon, are there! :tongue: )

So be sure to check out our website for details and PM me, Email me, or post if you're planning on coming. I just know this one will be one for the memory books! Don't miss it!

Last edited:
Yay! It's about time Kevin gets to an event! He's been working too much lately! Man you guys I'm really pumped for this one! It's gonna be a blast there! Can't wait! Who else is coming?

Well, surprisingly we didn't have nearly as many people as I thought we would, perhaps because it was the 2nd weekend, perhaps because of the alternate location and possible confusion about it being in RockCon, but it was still a respectable turnout and everyone there had a great time!
We ended up with a total of 59 in the Main event and 7 in the Theme Deck Challenge, making a total of 66 players. But we had a very nice set up there and the people of RockCon were delighted to have us there. I'll have pictures and details up at our website a little later tonight.

For the results:
Total of 66 players

Juniors: (12 players)
Kevin M

Seniors (22 players)
Gunner H

Masters (25 players)
James F

Theme Deck Challenge (7 players)
Sabrina G

Like I said, we all had a great time and several people came in costume (and several people convinced me they were in costumes for a free pack :wink:) I think a lot of people loved the 'Roll-off' for some of the door prizes too! I'll have pics and more details up later at the website!

Last edited:
Sounds like it was fun. I haven't been around for a while, but expect me for Cities, or a couple weeks before (For practice, getting back into the metagame.). When is Rockford Cities, anyway?

Back