Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rocky Helmet the MVP

goldedda

So after getting 2nd place with zek/eel last week i come back home and life goes on. On Friday after i come back from school, i went to the gym, then came back later just to find out i have states tommorow. So i desperatly try to borrow cards cuz i barely own any cards. My friend suggest that i play the chicago bulls aka terrakion deck i build it on playtgc and play 1 game with it. I mulligan 9 times and just rage quit. So in the end i decided i wanted to use the trololololol deck aka tornadeus/terrakion. But my friend can only let me borrow some cards, so i missing 2 mewtwo ex and 4 pokemon catcher >.>. So the day of the tourny i show up with the only cards i own to make the deck which are the energys, 4 junk arms, and 4 professor juniper lol, so then I find people who can let me borrow 4 catchers and 2 mewtwos THX GUYS :D. So onto the report

Deck: tornadeus/terrakion
9 Rounds
Top 16
Masters division

Round 1 vs Pokemom w random lighting
she doesn't know how to play so i teach her how play. gg

1-0

round 2 vs Zekrom/eel
he starts with lonely tynamo and goes first. he draws and passes, i run tyrogue in my deck and i start with terrakion and mewtwo benched. so i try to donk but end up 0/9 on flips on dual ballz/ssu. In the end he is able to set up but my powered up terrakion ohkoed all his eel and he wasn't able to take on the bull.gg

2-0

so pairing for round 3 come up and my record is 1-1 O_O i go check and apparenly my opponent also signed the slip as win and i got the loss >.> so they fixed that but they were to lazy to change the pairing so i just got downpaired

round 3 Miguel L. CMT
I have a horrible hand and start double mewtwp but his t1 N allows me to come back in the game, but he draws a t1 hurricane off the N. luckily on my turn i am able to ssu up the mewtwo with damage on it. In the end i set up some tornadeus with rocky helmets. So my strategy was to catcher celebi for a k.o. Then he hurricanes my tornadeus for 80. Then his tornadeus is left with 90 hp and i just k.o it using PP. Using this strategy i was able to get ahead big time and win the game. gg

3-0

round 4 vs Donphan dragons
Easy matchup i get ahead fast, i use hurricane vs donphans and i ohko his zekroms with terrakion. I win very quickly because his start was not that great. gg

4-0

round 5 vs CMT
i use the same strategy as i used in round 3 and i am able to win the game, even tho my start was pretty bad. gg

5-0

round 6 vs Albert Chicago bulls aka terrakion
Thank you for letting me borrow your mewtwo :D.so i mulligan and he doesn't lol. So he sets up 4 terrakions while i set up my 4 tornadeus.after exchanging blows he only manages to have a lone terrakion in play and kill my rocky helmet tornadeus. leaving him with 110 damage. i go send up my terrakion attach energy drop 2 pp for game. gg

6-0

round 7 vs Dallan Zekrom/eel
Super chill dude the in between rounds are just too long like we set up and are waiting 10 -15 minutes before we start. So we start exchanging blows but he ends up killing both my terrakions using a regular zekrom which i respond killed and then my 2nd one with zekrom ex. I was stuck now killing of eels with tornadeus, in the end it gets down to 2-3 prizes my favor. I hit his active zekrom ex for 80 with hurricane moving the energy to my benched boufalent. he then proceed to catcher my mewtwo ex drop 2 PP attach dce to zekrom ex and play N. Well my hand was bad before i had absolute trash and the 2 cards i draw are a PP and a switch meaning if i top deck energy i win. So he kills my mewtwo making it 1-2 prizes. I Topdeck the juniper play it get the energy for the game < i run hotter than the sun
sorry for the sick top deck dallen gg

7-0

round 8 vs Paul H Mewtwo/celebi
hes the only other undefeated and our starts = SUPER bad he draws and passes i draw and retaliate for 30 lol. So in the end i top deck my juniper first and grab the first kill he then responds by top decking his juniper and we start our game. we keep exchanging blows until it is 2-3 my favor. i send up my tyrogue and draw my card. He has an active mewtwo with 3 energys. My field is tyrogue active and 3 tornadeus benched 1 with a dce. My hand is terrakion, tornadeus, mewtwo, shaymin. So i have game right? Well lets say that i freaking stupid and didn;t see that i could win the game >.>. So instead of attacking with mewtwo for game i punched. Seconds after that i realize my mistake and facepalm. So in the end due to my misplay i deserve to lose.gg

7-1

Round 9 vs Chris R durant/mewtwo/weavile
he has a slow start and only devour for 2 in the first few turns but he keeps hitting crushing hammer heads so my landorus and never attack him. In the end i set up my tornadeus and blow through ants like he is blowing through my deck. On his last turn i have 4 cards left in my deck. He plays a pont and WHIFFS on the revive/junk arm so he mills 3 i draw my last card, and use gaia hammer for double k.o. gg

8-1

i make top cut seeded 3rd

Top 16 vs Joel C Durant
Game 1:I start with landorus and set up it quickly while he stuggles to set up with durant and i win quickly
1-0

Game 2: i AGAIn start with landorus and i only run 1 wow. He has a horrid start and mills only 1, i am able to set up landorus again quickly and win the game

2-0 gg

top 8 vs Chris S Zekrom/eel
Game 1: I could have started landorus agan but i chose to start with tornadeus.Instead of setting up multiple zekroms he concentrates on setting up thunderus and tornadeus which actually was a very good idea. We keep exchanging blows but my rocky helemt again allowed me to 1 shot his thunderus/tornadeus with either tornadeus or boufalent. I win the prize exchange and i win the game

1-0

Game 2: His start is mediocre while mine is JUST bad i am attacking with boufalent doing 20 for the first few turns. After a few turns i am able to set up and come back in the game, The biggest moment in the game was when tyrogue fell asleep and it failed to wake up going into my turn. It also failed waking up going into his turn. On his turn he whiffs on the switch and passes. The tyrogue finally wakes up and allows me to get ahead in prizes and i win a close game gg

2-0

Top 4 vs Chris R Durant/mewtwo/weavile
Game 1: I start landorus again wow, i set up quickly and i am able to take care of all the ants

1-0

game 2: i start lonely tyrogue he goes first attaches metal and mills for 3, I say wheww i thought u had the donk with the dce he then is like NOOOOOO he forgot he had the dce in his hand. So i have a horrible setup and quickly lose

1-1

game 3 My start is horrible but luckily so is his i draw pass for 4 turns he mills1 each turn. i finally draw my dual ball use it grab landorus and set him up. on his turn he again fails to get any more durants mills for 1 and i am able to gaia hammer for game on my turn

2-1 gg

Top 2 vs MY HOMEBOY JOSH LEEWAYE zekrom/eel
I LOVE YOU JOSH nuff said

Game 1: Oh yea gues what i start with landorus AGAIN O_O. So i then proceed to set up an early tornadeus which gets me ahead in prizes. Then my buffalo takes care of eels. Then my terrakion takes care of the lighting stuff meaning i win quick and easily

1-0

Game 2: This game actually gets closer due to my bad start at one moment i draw a pont just to get a tyrogue, 2 dual balls, 2 junk arms, and an energy. He then level balls for smeargle and uses PORTRAIT, i am like sorry i do not run hotter than the sun. On my turn i draw my card and say WOW I DO RUN HOTTER THAN THE SUN, and slap down the juniper. This allows me to come back into the game and i win the game, because he can' respond to mu revenge kills

2-0

Yes I run hotter than the sun, and Yes I'm California State Champ

Props
KENNY JAY BRITTON for always letting me borrow his cards THX
Albert Knudsen for letting me borrow your mewtwo + catcher YOU SAVED ME
Nick Shutte for letting me borrow your mewtwo YOU SAVED ME TOO
Steven Toman for letting me borrow your Cather YOU SAVED ME
and everybody else who let me borrow cards in the past YOU GUYS SAVED ME
JOSH getting second
Mark Garcia
Jason Martinez actually winning a tournament lol
seeing DILLY :D
Matt sourbye for making trollolololol so goooood
ROCKY HELMET THE MVP
running hotter than the sun
a little girl going 1-6 drop her only win vs Martin Moreno

Slops
bradley whiffing on top cut
grant whiffing on top cut
KJB for going 4-0 then ending up 4-5
ultra pro sleeves for breaking every freaking time >.>
team dragonrush for choking on top cut

Last edited:
Good going. The delay in getting round 7 started in swiss was kind of my fault, actually. They accidentally dropped me from the event instead of my opponent in round 6, so they had to repair some of the middle tables, hence the delay. Great to see somebody awesome take states, though.

Back