Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

rogue deckers

CheeseEX

i have some questions about what pepole consider a "rogue deck" i am a "rogue decker" myself (i think)

1st is this in the right section

2nd if i take a big overused deck ie luxchomp and put a new spin on it is that deck considered a "rogue"

3rd if i take a old deck that isnt used any more that was huge for a while and make it better is this considered a "rogue"

4th i it just me or are we "rogue deckers" being discourged ie if you spell rogue r-o-u-g-e it comes out red faced powder

thanks for the help

1. Yeah, this is where I'd put something like this. I'm not sure though, I guess we'll know if someone moves it.
2. Depends how big of a spin. It's not really rogue if you're just putting in a 1-1 or 2-2 tech, but if you take out and put in enough different things, I'd consider it rogue.
3. Once again, depends how much you change it. This is assuming that the deck wasn't rogue in the first place.
4. I can't tell if that was a joke or a real question. It's spelled "rogue". red face paint is a make up. Try to type better.

Theres a difference between a rogue and just an original deck/taking a spin on an existing deck. A real rogue deck is designed to take down most of the current top, if not the entire top, while not really known at the moment. A simple original deck can still work properly but has often not been designed in such a way, it tends to be made just to be original.

i have some questions about what pepole consider a "rogue deck" i am a "rogue decker" myself (i think)

1st is this in the right section Sure, but I'm not a moderator.

2nd if i take a big overused deck ie luxchomp and put a new spin on it is that deck considered a "rogue" Not really, thats just called teching usually

3rd if i take a old deck that isnt used any more that was huge for a while and make it better is this considered a "rogue" Maybe, depends on how much you change/how old the deck is. Beedrill, no, GG, no, Turncruel, maybe.

4th i it just me or are we "rogue deckers" being discourged ie if you spell rogue r-o-u-g-e it comes out red faced powder No, because Rogue is spelled Rogue, and people who misspell it need to learn spelling. "Red Faced Powder" is a joke from a few years ago that the mods decided to play on people who misspelled Rogue as Rou_ge.

thanks for the help

Replies in the Bold.

#2. No; taking an already popular deck and just adding "a spin" on it doesn't make it rogue at all. Like its been said, that's pretty much just called "teching".

#3. No; taking an old deck that was popular and adding today's meta cards doesn't make it rogue either.

#4. As far as ro_uge/rogue goes...

ro_uge
1. any of various red cosmetics for coloring the cheeks or lips.
2. a reddish powder, chiefly ferric oxide, used for polishing metal, glass, etc.

rogue
2. a playfully mischievous person; scamp: The youngest boys are little rogues.
3. ... or vagabond.

I guess the mods were trying to teach people the difference.

What is rogue? I believe rogue is a deck you make from the ground up. Not an already made deck that you modified. That's just my opinion though.

Back