Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rotation

Are Japanese cards going to be rotated out this season, as in no Japanese cards allowed in your deck at all? If so, then does this apply to energy cards too?
Thanks!

Ruling according to my local Judge, who knew that MD was the rotation about 3 weeks before anyone on Pokegym knew: It's going to remain the 10% rule. They tried to remove them, but there was too much backlash, so they just made sure the game couldn't be completely crippled by all foreign decks.

10%, so would that be 6 maximum? Just want to be sure, my math is really bad...
And are you sure that includes basic energy cards too? I would have thought it wouldn't matter for them.

It's the same ol' song and dance...Pokemon decided they want us to stop buying quality cards with a better pack ratio and better designed cards as a whole...so instead they're making us buy english packs :thumb:

What will happen at worlds then ? Pretty sure the japanese will be pissed when they can't use their cards.. ^^

(edited, apparantly J A P S is a rude word, and therefor censured)

Last edited:
Ruling according to my local Judge, who knew that MD was the rotation about 3 weeks before anyone on Pokegym knew: It's going to remain the 10% rule. They tried to remove them, but there was too much backlash, so they just made sure the game couldn't be completely crippled by all foreign decks.

May want to let your local judge know he's wrong before he tells too many people. The decision to ban Japanese cards was made last year, the concession they made was not sticking with the 10%, but simply giving a year of buffer by using the 10% rule. All forigen (not just Japansese) cards will be illegal in Premier Events starting in September.

Back