Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Royal Rumble 2008 Discussion

brendan2236

Well, the second biggest pay-per-view of the year is only 7 days away, so I thought now would be a good time to get everyone’s thoughts and predictions on the 2008 Royal Rumble. The card so far consists of:

30-MAN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
Undertaker wins and faces Edge for the World Title at 'Mania. (Although I can see HHH winning this as well)
PREDICTION: UNDERTAKER

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: RANDY ORTON VS. JEFF HARDY
This should be really interesting, on the one hand, Randy Orton could go over and face hunter at 'Mania, but with Jeff getting a solid push in the last few months, I can see him getting the belt, at least for a little while. having said that, I still think Orton takes this one.
PREDICTION: RANDY ORTON

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: EDGE VS. REY MYSTERIO
I think that Edge will win via DQ, so that they can do this match again at No Way Out to kill time till 'Mania
PREDICTION: EDGE

MVP VS. RIC FLAIR
Since I think Ric Flairs last match will be at 'Mania, he has to go over here.
PREDICTION: RIC FLAIR

CHRIS JERICHO VS. JBL
JBL wins, and the feud continues.
PREDICTION: JBL

Rumble: Batista... jump to raw... 3 way at WM HHH v Orton v Batista
WWE: Orton.. sadly = /
WHC: Rey... idk why i just dont wanna have the same picks as you :)
JBL via cheatin.. bull rope match at WM!
and Flair FTW

Randy Orton will win.
Rey Mysterio will beat Edge.
I have a feeling JBL will win but I want Chris Jericho to win.
Ric Flair vs MVP i dont really care who wins
and as for the royal rumble i really have no clue. its anyones game really.

RR - Batista or HHH

WWE - Jeff would be in good shape for the early and mid game, but still, Randy wins by some *tricks...

WHC - edge (by dirty ways). I just don't see Rey winning the first time he got the chance, it happens all the time...

JBL wins through DQ

Flair gets to keep his career, at least till WM

Royal Rumble Winner - HHH

WWE Title - Jeff by DQ (Orton Retains)

Heavyweight Title - Edge

Jericho

Flair

Actaully, know that I think about it, having Jeff win by DQ would make sense, since that way they can avoid killing his push, but at the same time keep the belt on Orton (sadly).

My predictions are in Bold

FYI- This is the 6th rumble since the brand extention (2nd since ECW was introduced) and someone from Smackdown has won 4 of the previoius 5.
I am guessing that someone from Raw or ECW is taking it or Undertaker is going to repeat.

Hardy

Rey

MVP VS. RIC FLAIR
Ric

CHRIS JERICHO VS. JBL
Y2J

wow, quite a few people seem to think that rey will win this one, im suprised. i think that he may win via dq, but imo there is no chance that they will take the belt oof edge before 'Mania, since that would ruin the edge vs taker feud.

Rumble: Probably 'taker, but in any event, somebody from Smackdown.
WWE: No contest to end a match dominated by Hardy. Either that or Hardy wins, but loses it back the next night on Raw. Either way, Hardy will then win the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out, setting up a rematch for WM.
WHC: Edge thanks to interference by Chavo.
Flair vs MVP: Flair, duh. By pinfall.
Jericho vs JBL: Jericho by submission.

Yeah, Undertaker is the smart choice, because he will go on to face Edge and lose and retire at Wrestlemania.
PREDICTION: UNDERTAKER

I don't see Jeff Hardy getting the title this easy. I see Jeff winning by DQ or Randy winning clean.
PREDICTION: RANDY ORTON or Jeff Hardy by DQ

There is not a single reason why Rey should win this match. Edge wins and goes on to face Undertaker.
PREDICTION: EDGE

MVP VS. RIC FLAIR
Ric Flair will most likely retire at a higher up event, so expect him to win here. MVP has nothing to lose from a match with Ric Flair. He's barely being pushed.
PREDICTION: RIC FLAIR

CHRIS JERICHO VS. JBL
Jericho winning here wouldn't help the fued or either wrestler in any way. Expect JBL to either lose by DQ or win, and the fued to continue.
PREDICTION: JBL or Y2J by DQ

I dunno. I could see CM Punk feuding with Edge actually. Especially given their recent interactions, and CM Punk's "loss" of his ECW Title. I would actually like to see that.

Edge vs CM Punk could be an incredible match. If he's in the Royal Rumble, I think he could be a contender? Far fetched, I know, but still cool to think about - especially since I'm a huge Punk fan. I wouldn't mind HHH winning though either. He hasn't had a legit title run in awhile. I think he deserves one more good run.

~Jim

Winner of the Royal Rumble: Nobody on Raw, that's all I can say.
Y2J vs. JBL: Y2J by DQ
Orton vs. Hardy: Randy Orton
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio: Rey Mysterio by DQ
MVP vs. Ric Flair: Flair by countout.

Royal Rumble Winner: Shelton Benjamin
WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy > Randy Orton via DQ
Heavyweight Champ: Rey Mysterio > Edge via DQ
Carrer Threatening: Ric Flair > MVP via Submission
Chris Jericho > JBL via DQ
I also assume there will be an ECW match...
CM Punk > Chavo Guerrero via DQ
I also expect Shelton Benjamin to shock everyone and go after Edge, leaving a 4 way battle feud for CM Punk v. Rey Mysterio v. Chavo Guerrero v. Batista

Royal Rumble Winner: Shelton Benjamin
WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy > Randy Orton via DQ
Heavyweight Champ: Rey Mysterio > Edge via DQ
Carrer Threatening: Ric Flair > MVP via Submission
Chris Jericho > JBL via DQ
I also assume there will be an ECW match...
CM Punk > Chavo Guerrero via DQ
I also expect Shelton Benjamin to shock everyone and go after Edge, leaving a 4 way battle feud for CM Punk v. Rey Mysterio v. Chavo Guerrero v. Batista

Yea, he's been in a winning streak.

it's not just the winning streak, it's just that they've been pushing him so much, for him to not be in a title match yet with all these pushes seems odd, why i think he'll win it...That and with all the Hornswoggle in rumble, and Batista gloating, and Undertaker trying for a repeat, no one's really even looking at Shelton

Back